Add another to the list

Handgun discussions - Handgun ammunition selection, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your handgun.

Add another to the list

Postby wittmeba » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:25:54

After hearing sons GF and GF mother was getting a gun, mama decided she wanted one too. They are all planning on obtaining their CWP as well.

This is a home defense, carry and plinker gun -- so be the .22 lr caliber. We knew it would be a as we have 4 buckets of .22lr ammo to use and the more gentle recoil, smaller size is a plus for her.

It is a Ruger SR22, Tungsten Cerakote frame, 2-10 round mags, 1 additional backstrap, 2 interchangeable mag base caps, fiber optic front sight, adjustable elevation and windage rear sight, gun lock and carry case. The pinky base even fits my big mitts well.

If all the laws worked, there would never be any crime.

I often take a very long windy road to my destination. When I arrive I often wonder how I missed the shortcut.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Re: Add another to the list

Postby Snakester » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:45:34

I bought my wife a Red one last year. Once she got comfortable with it she really likes it. She shoots her 1911 .22 Sig most of the time but admitted the SR.22 has a great "FEEL" to it. I've shot it quite a bit too and do like the size and balance . I' m sure your wife will get many hours of shooting enjoyment from it !!!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Randy

My Arsenal:
I don't own any FireArms...Just here for "The Bonding"

Next Firearm:
No Plans to Purchase at this time!

Postby wittmeba » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:51:09

Mama wanted purple but settled for the Tungsten. I convinced her it looked "meaner"! :roll:

I often take a very long windy road to my destination. When I arrive I often wonder how I missed the shortcut.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 23:56:10

I always enjoy hearing about new folks developing an interest in firearms.

My mother was never interested until myself and my sister started carrying. But, that Church shooting down in Charleston is what really did it for her. When she told me that she was getting a CHP, I immediately sent her some money for a pistol, and then my sister's father in law gave her a pistol, too. She told me that she never knew how badly she wanted a gun, until people started giving them to her, lol.

Wittmeba, tell "Mama" congrats and welcome to the club.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby wittmeba » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 08:52:20

Thank you and will do! ^^^

wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:

ads

Return to Handguns/Pistols