BSA LG 1" Adjustable Scope MountLG 1" Adjustable Scope Mount
BSA
    BSA LG 30mm Scope MountLG 30mm Scope Mount
BSA

Thought on Romney

Thought on Romney

Postby Kory » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 01:56:43

This is from my schools former president and echos my thoughts very closely
President Obama was right when, at a bipartisan fiscal summit held early in 2009, he promised to cut the deficit. He “Refuse[d] to leave our children with a debt they cannot repay,” adding, “We cannot and will not sustain deficits like these without end. . . . We cannot simply spend as we please.”

Unfortunately, he could not withstand the temptation to spend. He ended 2009 with a record deficit of $1.412 trillion, followed by deficits of $1.293 trillion in 2010 and $1.299 trillion in 2011. His 2012 budget includes a deficit of over $1 trillion.

To put this profligate spending in perspective, the largest nominal budget recorded prior to the Obama administration was under $500 billion, amassed in the final year of the Bush administration.

As a grandfather and father, it clear that my children’s and grandchildren’s future is at stake in this election. We must find a candidate with the backbone to say no to spending and yes to our children’s future.

My father taught me that fiscal responsibility, including the willingness to forego present wants, is the source of lasting increase.

During the recession of the early 1980’s, I called home in desperation. My father always stood by me in times of need, so I believed he would hear my plea.

I was the father of four young children, and we were in dire economic straits. Dad listened carefully to my plight and replied, “Son I understand, but I can’t help you. You must do this on your own.”

My initial response of disappointment and anger was followed by a resolve to find a way. It was not easy, but we are so much the better for the lessons we learned.

Years later, on his deathbed, dad asked if I remembered that night. I replied, “How could I forget?”

He wept as he related that telling me “no” was one of the hardest things he ever did. My heart was full and I responded, “Thank God you loved me enough to say ‘no.’”

Now is the time for this generation to select a leader who has the courage and experience to help us say “no” today so we can say “yes” to a brighter future for our children.

President Obama has proven that he is not that person. There are four choices in the Republican Primary – Gingrich, Paul, Romney and Santorum.

All four of them, like President Obama, appear to be good men. They all have expressed a willingness to lead us in refusing to yield to the momentary temptation to spend for today’s wants and thereby compromise the future of our children.

Speaker Gingrich helped revitalize our country with his bold “Contract for America,” Senator Santorum has been a courageous leader on welfare reform and social values, and Senator Paul is an implacable advocate of liberty. They are to be praised for their legislative leadership, but we need more than that.

Romney is the only one of the candidates with executive experience building businesses by doing hard things, saving the Olympics from economic collapse, and returning a spendthrift state to solvency.

He loves the auto industry. Nevertheless, he expressed a willingness to do the hard thing and say “no” to corporate leaders and the United Auto Workers who pled for a taxpayer bailout of the industry. He had worked with many failing but worthy enterprises and understood that the industry could strengthen itself through the sacrifice required by a structured bankruptcy.

As one who knows strength that comes from saying “no” at the right time, Romney understands that our future is insecure if it is based on unbalanced budgets and ever increasing entitlements and subsidies, paid for by debts passed along to our children. While protecting the needy among us, he will call on the rest of us to sacrifice for a better tomorrow.

Our nation would have been better off had Mitt Romney been elected in 2008. We needed someone who would tirelessly face pressing economic issues and restore fiscal responsibility. We turned in another direction, selecting a candidate with little executive experience who offered the tempting message that we did not have to sacrifice our immediate wants.

I have faith that a majority of the American electorate will choose Mitt Romney, who will lead us in saying “no” today to secure a brighter future for our children tomorrow.

Rodney K. Smith, is a grandfather and a Distinguished Professor of Law at Thomas Jefferson School of Law, who previously served as Dean of the Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio.

Kory
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Wincester 94 30-30
Mossberg 835
Glock 26
Beretta 96 PS
Colt Mustang Pocketlite

Re: Thought on Romney

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:52:07

Anyone But Obama 2012
Attachments
election.jpg
Could it possibly get any worse?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby mamabearCali » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:27:23

Anyone but Obama is my cry too. Romney will do, do I trust him. Absolutely not, but maybe that is good, makes me more vigalent.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby ratherfish » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:31:42

ABO!

I'd vote for an empty orange juice can before i'd vote for the community aggitator in the Saul Alinksy suit!

I did like Palins call for West as VP though!
There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Postby ratherfish » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:11:51

There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:38:32

I don't personally care for Romney. He seems kinda slimy to me...like a used car salesman who will tell you want you want to hear just to get you to buy the lemon and get it off his lot.

That said, I also am subscribing to the ABO2012 mantra, and if he's the Republican candidate, he'll get my vote.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby VBshooter » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:10:39

Not a big MItt fan myself but it looks like he is going to be the one,,, I would venture that he is smart enough to know that WE as gun owners have some serious clout at the polls and isn't going to do anything to outwardly piss us off.. Time will only tell.. We need to keep our sights on the Senate too.. We do not need that walikng pile of fish food Kaine getting elected... Allen has been there and IMHO needs to return,,,,
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Postby Kreutz » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:49:12

:hysterical:

The GOP did decree it was always gonna be Romney, irregardless of the primary he will get the delegates. I feel very sorry (and I mean this) for conservative Republicans having Romney forced on them.

In my most humble opinion you've all been getting shafted in primaries since Goldwater.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby ratherfish » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:16:00

From an Obama zombie...

Who has said he would vote for him again???

Vote for Ron Paul in the VA election....even though Obummer is his man...

Feel sorry for your sorry self.

:hysterical:
-C. S. Lewis

ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Postby Kreutz » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:18:16

ratherfish wrote:From an Obama zombie...

Who has said he would vote for him again???

Vote for Ron Paul in the VA election....even though Obummer is his man...

Feel sorry for your sorry self.

Who else should I vote for in your highly educated, intelligent, and no doubt grammatically correct opinion?

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby ratherfish » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:35:17

A "hyper literate" stone cold fool of course!
-C. S. Lewis

ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Postby Taggure » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:38:12

Well I do not like Romney as I think he is a Moderate Wolf in Conservative Sheep’s clothing, and I will be casting a vote tomorrow for Ron Paul. At least with Ron Paul I know were he stands on the issues; does anyone really know where Romney stands on the issues? I am not trying to get anyone upset but really what are Romney’s steadfast convictions. I want Obama out of office just as much as anyone, but does that mean that I need to just blindly vote for Romney in the primary? I don’t think so and that is why my vote will be for Ron Paul. I have to say that the state of Virginia did not do their citizens any favors by only allowing two of the four candidates to be on the ballot. It is almost like the Virginia Republican Party wanted it this way, so it would be in favor of Romney. Just sayin my .02 worth :whistle:
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby ratherfish » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:46:04

I'd point out why you should be opposed at all costs to Rom Paul but his locusts would once again decend on me.

ABO!

Romney's getting my vote.
-C. S. Lewis

ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Postby WRW » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:37:50

Paul as well.

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby grumpyMSG » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 20:49:57

I have little like for John Kerry Light (I wonder if all people from Massachusetts have swimming pool "Noodles" for a spine) and since so many are resigned that the establishment's candidate will ultimately win, I will waste my vote on the "Crazy Uncle" Ron Paul. In most cases I believe Mr Paul is right, unfortunately I don't agree with most of his foreign policy ideas. But just to let the "Establishment" know I am dissatisfied Mr Paul will get my vote.
Of course it is in the last place you looked, you're not going to keep looking for something after you've found it.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
grumpyMSG
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Greg

My Arsenal:
Several Classics, ARs and a few Pistols

Next Firearm:
It'll ask to come home with me...

Postby mamabearCali » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:27:38

I think I am going to go Paul as well. I do not agree with his foreign policy, but on social issues and country issues he is at least constitutional. Romney is going to take it, but I am going to voice my dissent in the primary. When it comes to the GE, I will do what I must.

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby fuze » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 22:07:35

I am voting for Dr Ron Paul tomo, that is how I feel about Romney.

fuze
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Joe

My Arsenal:
Nunya.

Next Firearm:
Colt Anaconda

Postby tursiops » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 22:31:33

I have to laugh:
"the state of Virginia did not do their citizens any favors by only allowing two of the four candidates to be on the ballot"

Have you forgotten that Santorum and Gingrich were so ill-prepared and cared so little that they didn't even do a decent job of getting on the ballot? The rules were clear, but Rick and Newt screwed up. Just the kind of person I want for President. If the rules were so impossible, how did Mitt and Ron get on the ballot? No, I don't blame VA....I blame those two hapless candidates. At least Santorum seems to have stopped whining about it. He knows he screwed up and is willing to take the blame. Newt, on the other hand....it is always someone else's fault. What a loser.

Hard to vote for Paul. Bad foreign policy is what got us into this horrible economic mess, and killed a lot of young men.....why would i want another President with a crappy foreign policy?

I also have to laugh at folks who are unhappy with the budget, and insist on solely blaming Obama. Hey, guys, it is Congress that determines the actual budget, and who overspends year after year.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
tursiops
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: yes

Postby Diomed » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 02:33:12

Taggure wrote:I am not trying to get anyone upset but really what are Romney’s steadfast convictions.

1. Acquire money.

2. Acquire power.

That's pretty much it for Mitt. Convictions, principles, objectives, whatever - that's what it all boils down to.

Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Nah

Postby fuze » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:26:57

tursiops wrote:Hard to vote for Paul. Bad foreign policy is what got us into this horrible economic mess, and killed a lot of young men.....why would i want another President with a crappy foreign policy?

I don't think Paul will be starting many wars... :wave: Either way, it's all good, im along for the ride.

fuze
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Joe

My Arsenal:
Nunya.

Next Firearm:
Colt Anaconda

Next

ads

Return to Politics (All other non-firearm related)