MagLite AAA Solitaire Presentaion, R BlueAAA Solitaire Presentaion, R Blue
MagLite
    MagLite Mini Mag/AA Replacemnt BulbMini Mag/AA Replacemnt Bulb
MagLite
    MagLite Bulb ACC/Lamp Per-EachBulb ACC/Lamp Per-Each
MagLite

Redneck Guide to Emergency Prepardness

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Redneck Guide to Emergency Prepardness

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:07:36

This is probably redundant, given the membership here, but I thought it would be nice to hear you post about which number on the list you invented. I invented #2 on the list. Heck, I already have the size 14 work boots.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/28/the-r ... paredness/

And if you have any good recipes for tree rat, post 'em here too.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Re: Redneck Guide to Emergency Prepardness

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:33:10

HMMPH! That guy may be a redneck wannabe, but he obviously ain't no redneck.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby Taggure » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:00:34

I think that it is ment as a bit of humor, but he does have a point or two about the vehicles and the boats. My bass boat has sat in the back yard ever since I got the pontoon almost 4 years ago. It is getting moved in April though as my Dad say he wants it to crappie fish with (it happens to have a Johnson 100 2-stroke on it as well). As far as the Guns and ammo I think that we all are guilty of that here. Yes I have 2 dogs one a Shepard and Husky mix and the other a Golden retriever mix and they are very protective of the house and yard. My Minivan has needed a new transmission for over a year now and has sat in the driveway waiting. I have a Dodge Dakota 4x4 and a Ford F150 4x4 as well as the wifes car. I hunt and fish to put meat in the freezer and generaly enjoy the outdoors. I have been known to kill tree rats and fluffy bunnies for my supper.

Does this all make me a Redneck I would not have thought so, but who knows?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby SHMIV » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:55:38

"Redneck", I have discovered, is a relative term. Ask any Massachusetts attorney, and he'd probably classify me as a redneck. Shoot, I own and carry guns, I live in a beat up old motor home, I have an aversion to shaving, and my girlfriend drives an 18-wheeler. Also, I typically speak with a southern drawl.

On the other hand, most country boys will tell you that I'm a city boy.

I reckon that they're both partly right.
"God Almighty created simplicity. Complexity, inspired by the Great Deceiver, tends to be the province of men. " S. H. M., IV

I'm an American-American

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby Reverenddel » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:53:52

I need a truck. I've got the funds, I'm searching Craigslist, and the papers, but i have a particular want... Soooo Searching i go.

Plus? My Jewish Ethnicity has me hesitant to pull the trigger on the funds... It's nice, having the funds, for rain and such (Said in "Fiddler on the Roof" voice)

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Postby allingeneral » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:05:43

SHMIV wrote:"Redneck", I have discovered, is a relative term. Ask any Massachusetts attorney, and he'd probably classify me as a redneck. Shoot, I own and carry guns, I live in a beat up old motor home, I have an aversion to shaving, and my girlfriend drives an 18-wheeler. Also, I typically speak with a southern drawl.

On the other hand, most country boys will tell you that I'm a city boy.

I reckon that they're both partly right.

Whether you're a *true* redneck or not - those are some pretty impressive qualifications! :clap:

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:16:39

allingeneral wrote:
Whether you're a *true* redneck or not - those are some pretty impressive qualifications! :clap:

I spent 3 months with my camper parked in Wal-Mart's parking lot. I wanted, so very badly, to sit out side my door with my feet in a kiddy pool and a cold beer in my hand. Probably could have made the People of Wal-Mart website, lol.
"God Almighty created simplicity. Complexity, inspired by the Great Deceiver, tends to be the province of men. " S. H. M., IV

I'm an American-American

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby OakRidgeStars » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:07:04

SHMIV wrote:I spent 3 months with my camper parked in Wal-Mart's parking lot. I wanted, so very badly, to sit out side my door with my feet in a kiddy pool and a cold beer in my hand. Probably could have made the People of Wal-Mart website, lol.

Dude, you're busted!
Attachments
3564.jpg
All aboard the love bus!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:20:02

Lol, ORS...

Sorry, I'm not the Holy Roller. But, I would definitely go hang out with him. I imagine that the theological discussion would be most interesting. While traveling with the carnival, I worked with a couple of Holy Rollers in an old school bus. They were probably the only people there who were nicer and more polite than me.

I'm an American-American

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby meak99 » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:53:46

"Chew is important because it counts towards your daily supply of vegetables."

I've been telling my wife this for a while now, she doesn't buy it.

Compared to most of my co-workers I am a huge redneck, and I don't even own a pickup.

meak99
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Matt

Postby XSNOWMANx » Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:00:43

I agree that rednecks are very handy in emergency situations but this was more redneck stereotype than anything else in my opinion. Still funny however...

XSNOWMANx
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
Glock 36, Springfield XDM 40, Sig P239, Winchester 1300 and growing.

Postby Reverenddel » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:56:30

(shrugs) I'm a redneck, raised by a hillbilly, and po'folk from RIC proper.

I have no aires, I have no ego about it, I'm zen about it.

I am redneck, no more, no less.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby kzchopper » Sun, 04 Mar 2012 23:23:26

:whistle: AND I thought I was the only ex-carney without a rap sheet! But I'm a good 0l' boy not a "redneck".
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best

kzchopper
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
I never met a gun I didn't like!

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 00:05:24

kzchopper wrote:
:whistle: AND I thought I was the only ex-carney without a rap sheet! But I'm a good 0l' boy not a "redneck".

Lol, yeah... not many carnies with clean records, are there?

I'm an American-American

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby mamabearCali » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:42:22

Hmm well my brother runs his FIL's carney amusement park and he has no record. Sadly he is trapped in the peoples republic of Kalifornia.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby dorminWS » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 19:54:51

meak99 wrote:"Chew is important because it counts towards your daily supply of vegetables."

I've been telling my wife this for a while now, she doesn't buy it.

Compared to most of my co-workers I am a huge redneck, and I don't even own a pickup.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Chewing tobacco - that should have come up long since in any informed discussion of rednecks, I reckon.

I know whereof you speak. SWMBO's been fussin' about my chewing for as long as we've been married. But I don't do it at home or at work - just while huntin', fishin', golfing, shooting, and driving. I just about can't drive without a chaw.

And an old huntin' buddy once told me a good chaw of terbakky is a handy thing sometimes:
- It's a good excuse to go outside if you're of a mind to,
- you can break a dog of dang near anything if you spit down its throat just ONE time,
- You can bite down hard and/or it's handy to spit on the ground if you're trying not to cuss,
- And last but not least, there ain't a state cop on the top side of this earth that will smell your breath OR smack your face if'n you got a big nasty chaw in your mouth.

Redneck? ME? I'm just a good ole boy, too.

Like we used to sing when we got into the white likker................

Born in the backwoods, raised like a bear
Cast iron belly and a head full of hair
Four extry jaw teeth and a ...uhh... guess I better not finish that little ditty.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)