Carlsons Beretta/Benelli Ext Tky Tube 20ga .575Beretta/Benelli Ext Tky Tube 20ga .575
Carlsons
    Carlsons Browning Ext Turkey Tube 20ga .585Browning Ext Turkey Tube 20ga .585
Carlsons
    Carlsons Winchester/Mossberg/Browning/Weatherby Flush Mount Choke TubWinchester/Mossberg/Browning/Weatherby Flush Mount Choke Tub
Carlsons

Didnt know but walmart(Front Royal)

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Postby Hawaiianbro » Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:10:19

Near my house sells the 556 federal XM855 ammo cans with 420 rounds for 159.00

Didnt know if anyone knew but it was new to me when I went in to look around. They said it sells fast and that they only get 5 at a time in. I may have been just lucky since it was the last one.

came out to around 39 cents a round though I know there is cheaper.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Hawaiianbro
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: John

Re: Didnt know but walmart(Front Royal)

Postby meak99 » Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:17:25

Decent deal you found there. Several online vendors have the can of XM855 for $149 + shipping, which is usually more than $10. TargetsportsUSA.com just had it for this price with free shipping, but sold out quick. GanderMtn has it for $179, -$30 rebate, + tax (which is amazing since Gander, BassPro, etc are the definition of price gouging when it comes to ammo right now). Also, don't forget to check out www.allingeneral.com for some deals too!

meak99
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Matt

Postby gunderwood » Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:29:59

Thanks for the info, I'll have to stop by and see if I can get lucky. :thumbsup:
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.

gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

Postby rromeo » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:47:04

Christiansburg sells ARs, but I've never seen M855 there.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.KYFHO

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
rromeo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Rich

My Arsenal:
Quite a few

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:09:51

One must always keep their priorities straight when going to Walmart!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby makarovman » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:00:53

looking at your receipt. do they let you take the Ammo to the front or do you have to pay at sporting goods counter. the one in Luray makes you pay at sporting goods

makarovman
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby Palladin » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:33:21

I take my bread and milk to the sporting goods - don't have to wait in line! :clap:
Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Glen

My Arsenal:
Wrist Rocket and a pocket full of 00buck...

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:49:01

makarovman wrote:looking at your receipt. do they let you take the Ammo to the front or do you have to pay at sporting goods counter. the one in Luray makes you pay at sporting goods

I've had both experiences at the same Walmart, just depends who I get.
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby VBshooter » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:24:08

Yup ,take it all to Sporting Goods and be done with it,,, show the nice lady at the door your receipt if you get a strange look and your gone......
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Postby makarovman » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:54:36

thats what i usually do when i have a just a few items

makarovman
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby joeshmo » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:30:20

My better half always gets pissed when I disappear and reappear at walmart with a bunch of ammo every time we go! Sometimes she tries to hunt me down before I purchase it or get to the case but I hang out near the tv's untill she gives up and goes back to shopping...

joeshmo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: what

My Arsenal:
I'll never tell

Next Firearm:
red rider bb gun

Postby BuckHijo » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:18:30

joeshmo wrote:My better half always gets pissed when I disappear and reappear at walmart with a bunch of ammo every time we go! Sometimes she tries to hunt me down before I purchase it or get to the case but I hang out near the tv's untill she gives up and goes back to shopping...

Hahaha +1 for that.

BuckHijo
On Target
On Target

Postby Hawaiianbro » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:09:00

meak99 wrote:Decent deal you found there. Several online vendors have the can of XM855 for $149 + shipping, which is usually more than $10. TargetsportsUSA.com just had it for this price with free shipping, but sold out quick. GanderMtn has it for $179, -$30 rebate, + tax (which is amazing since Gander, BassPro, etc are the definition of price gouging when it comes to ammo right now). Also, don't forget to check out http://www.allingeneral.com for some deals too!

Yeah Gander I think had 3 cans left but had a crazy deal for 1000 rounds I think was 299 with ammo can but I didn't really read the full sale board so it could have a rebate along with it as well.

I see allingeneral is in dahlgren, va. Is that where there store is or just the hq? May have to take a road trip there.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Hawaiianbro
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: John

Postby joeshmo » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:30:05

http://slickguns.com/product/prvi-parti ... ng-29950-0

299, no tax, free shipping and you dont have to leave your house. Slick guns also has a awsome deal on some hydra-shok slugs 250 for $175 with free shipping

joeshmo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
I'll never tell

Next Firearm:
red rider bb gun

Postby Kreutz » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:01:03

joeshmo wrote:My better half always gets pissed when I disappear and reappear at walmart with a bunch of ammo every time we go! Sometimes she tries to hunt me down before I purchase it or get to the case but I hang out near the tv's untill she gives up and goes back to shopping...

I have alot of cheap Tul-Ammo because of this. Its cheap for a reason, but, whats the occasional FTF or FTE when saving a few bucks on range fodder?

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby joeshmo » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:22:19

Tula works for me. I'll take the cheap tula .308 to a 400 yard bench with my remington 700 or even a axis any day of the week. In 7.62X39 I will burn through 500 rounds of tula and not have one failure. I'll take the cheap ammo if it is for plinking... Hunting probally not but might try out their hollow points next season.

joeshmo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
I'll never tell

Next Firearm:
red rider bb gun

Postby meak99 » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:10:00

Hawaiianbro wrote:
meak99 wrote:Decent deal you found there. Several online vendors have the can of XM855 for $149 + shipping, which is usually more than $10. TargetsportsUSA.com just had it for this price with free shipping, but sold out quick. GanderMtn has it for $179, -$30 rebate, + tax (which is amazing since Gander, BassPro, etc are the definition of price gouging when it comes to ammo right now). Also, don't forget to check out http://www.allingeneral.com for some deals too!

Yeah Gander I think had 3 cans left but had a crazy deal for 1000 rounds I think was 299 with ammo can but I didn't really read the full sale board so it could have a rebate along with it as well.

I see allingeneral is in dahlgren, va. Is that where there store is or just the hq? May have to take a road trip there.

No store front - web only. Rick, the HMFIC here, runs AIG Tactical as well. Get to know him, good guy to deal with. I'm pretty sure he's advertised price matching for VGOF members in the past, but talk to him and check out what he's got.

meak99
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Matt

Postby Newgunguy » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:55:13

Would like to see a Walmart ammo thread started on here to help everyone find deals. There is one for the site here in Ma that helps people track down the win/wht 100 pak. Guess though it doesn't matter since in Virginia you can order ammo online. Just got home from a house hunting trip there and was in the Walmart in South Boston, loved seeing Ar's being sold there. Never seen any gun stores but I never looked up any either. Nathalie and Amelia were the best houses that we seen and can't wait to have some land to be able to shoot.

Charles
[url="http://www.signaturebar.com/"]Image[/url]

Newgunguy
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Ruger SR9c
Savage FXP .22LR
2 Mosin Nagants

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:12:32

I do know that the Wal-mart in Mechanicsville is carry DPMS AR-15... three people verified it by sight, including myself. Dunno the price.

I too, have a woman... and she is an eye-rollin' wonder when it comes to gunshops, She likes them, but NOOOOOOOOOTTTT the same way I do.

"Firearm, thine are my mistress."

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby Newgunguy » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:56:53

Not sure what model they sell it South Boston, but it was a Bushmaster and the new sig 556 rifles. Guy at the counter said they get in maybe 2-3 at a time and they are usually gone within days of them coming in. They also get the bulk back of .223 but they share the inventory with another store, so it's always a small amount and it get picked up by employees. Asked if they get a discount on firearms and ammo and the guy just winked at me. By far the best place I have been in a while and hope to be able to move there soon.

Charles.
[url="http://www.signaturebar.com/"]Image[/url]

Newgunguy
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Ruger SR9c
Savage FXP .22LR
2 Mosin Nagants

Return to General Discussion