Why The Midterm votes are important

Why The Midterm votes are important

Postby mmckee1952 » Wed, 22 Aug 2018 23:11:02

If anyone doesn’t understand the magnitude of the midterm elections in November, you really need to understand it. Everything good that has happened since Trump became President is up got grabs with this election. If the Democrats regain majority in either the House or Senate everything that we voted for with President Trump will be null and void.
All of the tax reforms will be rolled back, to the point that you will again be paying more out of your pay checks.
The restricted regulations that have been strangling our country for years will be reinstated.
Open borders will be energized. ICE will be either removed or it will be so restricted, that it might as well be non-existent.
Criminal illegal immigrants will be met with open arms and the millions that are here in our country will be allowed to stay.
All of the congressional investigations that are currently in session that are looking into the various illegal actions that were committed in regards to the FBI & DOJ will be stopped.
Major restrictions will be implemented against the 2nd Amendment, which will require everyone to register the ownership of all of the weapons that we own and want to buy.
Any future submission by President Trump of a candidate to the Supreme Court will be blocked.
Any possible Justus that should be done towards the federal crimes that Hillary did will be void.
And last but not least, we will see a major action from Congress to do everything they can do to impeach President Trump, no matter how trivial they might be.
Please pass this along to every person that you know that want's to ensure that we keep all of the positive items that we have seen ever since President Trump took office.
“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
mmckee1952
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Michael

My Arsenal:
1911, Bersa Thunder 380, Mitchell 12 gauge,

Next Firearm:
S&W MP 15 sport

Re: Why The Midterm votes are important

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 27 Aug 2018 07:21:31

Voting for Congressmen is ALWAYS important. I deem Congressional elections to have a higher level of importance than Presidential elections.

Those who only show up to the polls for the Presidential elections, have quite the poor understanding of civics.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby ainokea » Tue, 09 Oct 2018 20:08:02

I agree, but here's my conundrum: I live in the People's Republic of Northern Virginia and the Republican running for congress in my district supports the UN Small Arms Treaty.

He also attempts to take both sides of other issues important to me and whines about the "alt-right" boogeyman. I cannot in good conscience vote for the guy.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
ainokea
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: JP

Postby smltooner » Wed, 10 Oct 2018 16:51:40

ainokea wrote:I agree, but here's my conundrum: I live in the People's Republic of Northern Virginia and the Republican running for congress in my district supports the UN Small Arms Treaty.

He also attempts to take both sides of other issues important to me and whines about the "alt-right" boogeyman. I cannot in good conscience vote for the guy.

I know you say that he takes both sides of other issues, however, only the US Senate can vote on (ratify) treaties.
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Ted

Postby ainokea » Wed, 10 Oct 2018 21:59:55

Yes, I know that. But a Republican who claims he supports the 2nd Amendment, but supports that treaty along with gun owner registration... and supports firearms confiscation without due process in response to a mental health claim lobbied against somebody? The last few Republican candidates in my district have been pretty shabby, and they keep losing by increasing margins. And the Republican candidates just keep getting more and more left wing.

I guess I just need to move to a more sane part of Virginia. Northern Virginia is not what it once was, and it's really bumming me out.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
ainokea
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: JP

ads

Return to Politics (All other non-firearm related)