The Shutdown!

The Shutdown!

Postby Ironbear » Fri, 11 Jan 2019 14:22:30

The Powerline blog often has interesting things to say....

THE SHUTDOWN AS OPPORTUNITY TO SHRINK GOVERNMENT
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/01/the-shutdown-as-opportunity-to-shrink-government.php
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: The Shutdown!

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 12 Jan 2019 00:30:06

I'll tell you this... at my shop, almost 100% of the feds are gone and the contractors are holding down the fort like champs. I have gotten more done in the last few weeks than I have in a year.

A lot of feds I work with struggle to justify their existence at work. This proves that not only do we not need them, because private sector does it better and faster, but they are obstructionist against their own interests and the security of our nation.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby kelu » Sat, 12 Jan 2019 19:05:13

In 2016, 95% of the donations from the federal workers went to Hillary. It looks like mostly democrats are hurt in the shutdown. Let's continue for another year!
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 12 Jan 2019 22:04:46

:hysterical: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby wittmeba » Sun, 13 Jan 2019 13:14:12

I think it is sad because I don't believe the right people are being affected. The ones holding out from making a decision are still enjoying the good life of support from our taxes. They have no reason to spend time at the 'table' looking for alternatives.

I do agree that our government (and government related businesses) are too fat and need to be trimmed. But we need to trim the right ones.
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby kelu » Sun, 13 Jan 2019 14:08:05

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01- ... d-more-you
"on average, civilian federal workers make 17 percent more than similar workers in the private sector"
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby kelu » Wed, 16 Jan 2019 10:00:29

Interesting. Let's see if something good comes out of this.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... _trap.html

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby kelu » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 10:04:52

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby dusterdude » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 19:45:04

This happened a day or two ago?

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps  
dusterdude
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
bersa 380,taurus pt145 and m1 garand

Postby CaptainMorgan » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 19:51:00

kelu wrote:Rush Limbaugh knows something
https://twitter.com/TheSharpEdge1/statu ... 3431442432

Rush was just being his usual facetious self. He knows people can read articles. He frequently says stuff and says "now don't tell anyone; I don't want the Dems to find out." Do I think Trump will really do a RIF? Probably not, but he'll definitely use that as a bargaining chip, that's why it was an essay planted by a senior administration official. I see it as an effort to get Pelosi to give in.
As an aside, I laughed my ass off yesterday when he cancelled the delegations military flight.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Coast Guard   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
CaptainMorgan
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Paul

Postby CaptainMorgan » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 20:05:08

This article is positing that his announcement may be about declaring a national emergency, but maybe it will be more in line with the original poster's article on thinning government (or it could be something to do with China or the NK delegation in town). We'll see. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... s-n2539299

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Coast Guard   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
CaptainMorgan
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Paul

Postby kelu » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:14:23

At this moment, if Trump, I would raise the bid to 50 billion.

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Reverenddel » Sat, 19 Jan 2019 11:39:42

All I know? The only people whining are those who didn't do a damned thing other than collect a check.

Workers are working.

Slackers might be found out during this episode, it's what I'm counting on... if the Executive branch looks during this time, and says "Wait... we still got 100% of the work done with 90% of the work force gone? Yeah, cut that 90%".

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:04:46

The POTUS is making a speech about ending the shutdown at 3 PM. I think he is going to exercise Executive privilege, declare an emergency and use Defense funds to build the wall.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

ads

Return to Politics (All other non-firearm related)