A new Idea for the Washington politicians

A new Idea for the Washington politicians

Postby mmckee1952 » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 23:36:44

I'm thinking this is the best original idea I had in a while, knowing I've overlooked an obvious flaw.
Instead of term limits, when a senators family's net worth reaches 1.5 million, he gives up his seat, never to have it again. If he's worth more than that now, he can't run. No pension, no perks. State holds another election in 90 days.
Representative’s limit is 1 million. Same deal. The district holds another election
Don't like the other election let each state house or governor appoint someone of the same party to replace.
Let all these smart guys make their millions on the outside.
“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
mmckee1952
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Michael

My Arsenal:
1911, Bersa Thunder 380, Mitchell 12 gauge,

Next Firearm:
S&W MP 15 sport

Re: A new Idea for the Washington politicians

Postby smltooner » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 22:11:29

I like that.
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Ted

Re: A new Idea for the Washington politicians

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 11:27:07

What makes you think it would be a better system to restrict legislation to people who can't figure out how to make money?
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Return to Politics (All other non-firearm related)