Where can I get custom leather work done in Manassas?

NoVa - Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax

Where can I get custom leather work done in Manassas?

Postby ShortMan » Sat, 13 May 2017 06:16:32

I bought a decent little knife from Hoffman Richter and while I like it very much the included sheath is crap.
I need something sturdy and comfortable and unfortunately I cannot find a good sheath specifically for this blade.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
ShortMan
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Short

Re: Where can I get custom leather work done in Manassas?

Postby wittmeba » Sat, 13 May 2017 08:54:52

Besides any of these places:
https://www.google.com/search?q=custom+ ... 8&oe=utf-8

...you might check around about Boot & Shoe Repair shops.
If all the laws worked, there would never be any crime.

I often take a very long windy road to my destination. When I arrive I often wonder how I missed the shortcut.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby SHMIV » Sat, 13 May 2017 14:51:28

I had High Desert Horses Custom Knife & Leather Shop do a sheath for me, once. They are located at the Boise Stage Stop, near Boise Idaho, which is one of the last remaining independent truck stops.

I was going to link to the website, but it appears to be down.

At any rate, I was able to place my order in person; as I didn't have time to wait, he just traced the shape of the knife.

He was supposed to mail me the finished product, but I had the misfortune of placing my order just before he moved from one part of the building to the other, and he lost the ticket. But, I went back in, and showed him my ticket. He was visibly and appropriately embarrassed by the mistake. My order immediately became top priority. I told him that I was going to have breakfast, and that I would check back, afterwards.

That man delivered the sheath to me, in the restaurant, before my food got there. It's a pretty basic sheath; nothing fancy, (Which probably lent to the rapid construction) which was what I wanted; a fairly inexpensive and sturdy sheath.

I wish that I knew of someone a little more local, but I do not. If I recall correctly, the guy is happy to take orders over the phone, or probably Facebook. And, being that he operates from a truck stop, shipping is a standard feature.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby ShortMan » Mon, 15 May 2017 02:08:50

wittmeba wrote:Besides any of these places:
https://www.google.com/search?q=custom+ ... 8&oe=utf-8

...you might check around about Boot & Shoe Repair shops.

You know what? Thats my bad.
I should have asked for places that you guys have actually visited and shopped at.
Obviously I can find places by using a search engine but the problem is I dont trust online reviews from strangers. I was hoping someone on my favorite forum had an experience or two which would help guide me.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
ShortMan
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Short

Return to Northern Virginia