BlackHawk Products Group Serpa CQC Matte 1911/Clones LHSerpa CQC Matte 1911/Clones LH
BlackHawk Products Group
    BlackHawk Products Group Serpa CQC Matte RH 1911/ClonesSerpa CQC Matte RH 1911/Clones
BlackHawk Products Group
    BlackHawk Products Group Serpa CQC Matte LH Beretta 92/96Serpa CQC Matte LH Beretta 92/96
BlackHawk Products Group

Air Rifle - Feinwerkbau 124 Sport Repair

NoVa - Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax

Air Rifle - Feinwerkbau 124 Sport Repair

Postby Significent » Sat, 15 May 2010 08:31:44

I'm looking for a good place near Fairfax where I can have my Feinwerkbau 124 Sport repaired. Does anyone know of a location nearby that does good work on quality air rifles?

Thanks for your help.

Significent
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
Favorite = Weatherby Vanguard SubMOA in .243

Re: Air Rifle - Feinwerkbau 124 Sport Repair

Postby lchblockhouse » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:38:49

If you find a good place that will repair your 124, I would like to know the name & address. I have a FWB 124 that needs a general overhaul & seals. Thanks. Larry Hull---larryhullsr@aol.com

lchblockhouse
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby Palladin » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:56:09

ditto - I have a Beeman RI that needs to be reconditioned and placed back in service with a young son coming on...
Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Glen

My Arsenal:
Wrist Rocket and a pocket full of 00buck...

Postby chuckjordan2 » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:57:08

There are none in VA, none within a 150 mile radius. Or at least none that I would trust and have experience working on airguns.

First off, getting spare parts. You cannot do any better than using Air Rifle Headquarter parts: http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/pag ... 251483.htm

The FWB124 is nice, it has some nostalgia. Me, I'm into the 1950-1960 10M match airrifles.

If you google, you can find disassembly instructions. I recall disassembling my friends FWB124 back in 1982? I know I disassembled my Wischo 55D back in 1981 and I did his later. I picked an FWB124 last year and disassembled it for a home tune. Anyway, easy to do once you get the hang of 'em.

I must have worked on maybe 30 (different airrifles) the past 4 years (nearly all mine). Mostly German, some English. See: http://s326.photobucket.com/home/chuckjordan2/allalbums

If you do disassemble them, please respect the power of the compressed spring. A spring doesn't care if your a macho man, the sharp steel will still slice through skin.

Chuck
Outside Richmond, VA.

chuckjordan2
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Chuck

My Arsenal:
I dunno?

Next Firearm:
Why?

Postby grumpyMSG » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:09:01

Isn't there an air rifle show every so often in VA? I thought there was one in Roanoke not too long ago. I would think that some of the vendors there would work on, or know somebody who works on them.
Last edited by grumpyMSG on Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:11:34, edited 1 time in total.
Of course it is in the last place you looked, you're not going to keep looking for something after you've found it.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
grumpyMSG
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Greg

My Arsenal:
Several Classics, ARs and a few Pistols

Next Firearm:
It'll ask to come home with me...

Postby Palladin » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:10:12

Chuck - see PM...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Postby chuckjordan2 » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:47:47

Yes, it's in Roanoke and was 2 weekends ago. I had a table there. Mostly hard-core airgun guys there. I go to socialize with my buddies.

We mostly talk about the manufactures, for example, say Walther and then between the 1953 and 1955 trigger.

I live in Richmond and it's a 3 hr ride to Roanoke. My wife goes and we have fun. It's a good show to see all the different models (those on display). Also talk. I had a PB shooter that shot his airgun like a PB and was getting 12" groups, we had a 15 minute discussion on shooting them. So, it can be educational too.

It's small compared to PB shows, but, the US is a different market than say Germany.

chuckjordan2
Marksman
Marksman

My Arsenal:
I dunno?

Next Firearm:
Why?

Postby Palladin » Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:30:53

:clap: One sweet R1 back in service this year. :sniper: For folks still hunting repairs, looks like a guy in NC is going to be your best bet for the Mid Atlantic region...

PM me for leads,

Glen

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Postby LayneFun » Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:48:53

Hi, does anyone know where we could shoot your own air rifle in Northern Virginia? Say Fairfax, Herndon, Chantilly area. etc. Also I don't want to mix with fire arms, would much prefer an "air rifle/pistol only" range. Location/Price would be very helpful. If no such place, can live with fire-arm range too.

Would prefer a close location (gas being so expensive) and friendly environment.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks all,

LayneFun
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby gunderwood » Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:39:58

I don't know of any dedicated air rifle range in NOVA.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.

gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

No Airrifle Ranges in NOVA

Postby chuckjordan2 » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:56:48

I used to live there. Do you want to plink or hit knockdown targets? Try an airgun game called "Field Target"

Damascus MD has a club, I've been going there for the past 7 years. It's a blast. Here's a link: http://www.damascusiwla.org/#Air

I'm living in Richmond for the past 6 years and am trying to start airgin silhouette matches at a local club (Cavalier). We're still getting a feel for it. Nothings definite yet.

Interested?

chuckjordan2
Marksman
Marksman

My Arsenal:
I dunno?

Next Firearm:
Why?

Re: no air ranges in Nova

Postby Moss » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:03:20

Hi....I just found your forum,some of the post is a few years old so i'm not sure if this post is still relevant, I'm an air gunner I' been looking for an airgun club in Richmond va or surrounding area for some time but had no luck.I just read chuck jordans post,i know you posted over a year ago but just wonder if you guys got anything up and running ? would be nice spending a few hours a week with some fellow airgunners.

Take care........Jon

Moss
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
Gamo 22 Silent stalker.

Postby chuckjordan2 » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:37:14

Hello Jon,

There is no official airgun club in Richmond, yet. I'm working on something and I'd rather not get anyones hopes up until I'm 100% sure. Nothing secret, just that I've seen other people's ideas come and go.

There's another Richmonder (we're both technically in Henrico Co) and between us we have a vast airgun knowledge. But, we're quiet people.

Since I live in suburbia, I cannot shoot in my backyard. So I belong to a private range. PM me for additional detail. And if you PM me, tell me what you have (everyone always has to ask!).

Chuck

chuckjordan2
Marksman
Marksman

My Arsenal:
I dunno?

Next Firearm:
Why?

Postby jfbNOVA » Tue, 14 May 2013 14:17:10

I just received my FWB 124 Sporter back from AirGunWerks in TN. Had it completed overhauled - shoots great. The weapon was a gift to me when I was 16 (33 years ago) so has a ton of value to me - and now my son will shoot it. The owner of the shop is a little prickly but seems to do good work.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
jfbNOVA
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby chuckjordan2 » Tue, 14 May 2013 20:36:30

Great that you have your Feinwerkbau back in service. David Slade is that person. He used to work at Beemans, and yes, he is gruffy.

I'm (hopefully) nearing readiness for an FT club in Richmond. It's been a long time as I had to perform some services to get enough field targets (they're about $100 each and 30 are needed for a basic match. I'd say check back in 2 months.

Thanks,

Chuck

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

chuckjordan2
Marksman
Marksman

My Arsenal:
I dunno?

Next Firearm:
Why?

Return to Northern Virginia