Process of SBR in VA

Discussion Forum for National Firearms Act regulated firearms and Special Occupational Tax manufacturing requirements

Re: Process of SBR in VA

Postby jdonovan » Fri, 08 Jun 2018 05:52:48

darn similar thread here http://vagunforum.net/post232845.html, with just about the same end result.

and here http://vagunforum.net/post231117.html#p231117

I'll be ready this time when the October-2018 version of this appears. :hysterical:

jdonovan
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby MarcSpaz » Fri, 08 Jun 2018 13:09:34

jdonovan wrote:darn similar thread here http://vagunforum.net/post232845.html, with just about the same end result.

and here http://vagunforum.net/post231117.html#p231117

I'll be ready this time when the October-2018 version of this appears. :hysterical:

:bigthumb: :lol:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:11:59

Heh.

This strike anyone else as overly complicated?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:43:41

LOL Understatement.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SnakeWIthAGun » Tue, 12 Jun 2018 02:43:15

Got it. :fireright:

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
SnakeWIthAGun
On Target
On Target

My Arsenal:
self built AR15
Taurus PT809

Postby SnakeWIthAGun » Tue, 12 Jun 2018 02:44:25

MarcSpaz wrote:LOL Understatement.

bro, your one post said start a new thread. I did.
Yall gotta crack jokes. :hysterical:

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
SnakeWIthAGun
On Target
On Target

My Arsenal:
self built AR15
Taurus PT809

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:53:59

It's all in good fun. The legal stuff is overly complex in your case and outside of getting a Va license, there isn't much for us to recommend since none of us are NFA lawyer's. We told you in the other threads to just get a VA license. There is no other advise to offer.

I thought you were gonna start a thread about tech related stuff. Myself and others here have lots of experience with NFA items that I would benefit you on the tech side of the house. I would be willing to share my experiences with you. I'm sure others may, too.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SHMIV » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:19:26

Nah, I wasn't cracking jokes, I was observing the painfully obvious; the legal hoops,through which one must jump, in order to obtain some types of firearms, are absurdly complex, and prohibitively expensive, for some.

Personally, I'm convinced that this is intentional. Between the expense and the pure hassle, some folks will simply not have particular guns, because they can't afford it, and/or don't have the time or inclination to deal with the nuisance of it all. It's a slick way to deny Constitutional Rights, under the guise of "Public Safety", or some such nonsense.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby SnakeWIthAGun » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:22:43

Agreed. I mean, it costs more in manpower and electricity to approve/deny the forms and collect 200 bucks from a trust/citizen than what it is worth.

I need to start preparing a VA license pickup, and then start a trust.

SnakeWIthAGun
On Target
On Target

My Arsenal:
self built AR15
Taurus PT809

Postby Utah » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:53:35

Legal hoops? No difference between a Title II item and a Title I item…if you can own a Title I item you can own a Title II item (states vary). As far as complexity goes it’s only slightly more complex than a Title I gun, you have to fill out 4 pages as opposed to 2…front and back of the F4 and the finger print cards, write a check then mail all of it. Actually if you’re going through a dealer, he should fill out the F4 for you while you wait, if not, look for another dealer. Nothing else to do until you get the call from the dealer your approval is back…you go in and pick up your item (might have to fill out a 4473, but that’s it). Not busting balls here, so don’t take it like that.
"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing will begin in five minutes."
(Ronald Reagan 11 August 1984)

Utah
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby SnakeWIthAGun » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 13:39:07

See, that is where it's slightly skewed with my situation. I can only purchase completed rifles or shotguns (non NFA) and that's it. Until I get a VA license. THEN I can play through on the back 9. Right now I'm stuck on the front 9 of the par 3 course. We've discussed this and all agreed that it's what is needed to be done.

Thread can be closed.

SnakeWIthAGun
On Target
On Target

My Arsenal:
self built AR15
Taurus PT809

Postby MarcSpaz » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:26:47

Technically you can purchase anything your home state deems legal, in your home state, and then transport it to Va yourself (assuming its legal to posses in VA). Same for the NFA stuff... except that before you move it to VA, you would have to notify the BATFE that its permanent storage location is changing.

Getting a Va license is just easier than going to IN every time you want to buy something other than a complete rifle or shotgun.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Previous

Return to NFA & SOT