3 Different guns, or are they?

Discussion Forum for National Firearms Act regulated firearms and Special Occupational Tax manufacturing requirements

3 Different guns, or are they?

Postby AlanM » Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:14:48

Nice example with visuals of some similar shotguns.

http://weaponsman.com/?p=37563

the three guns are, from top to bottom:

1. A gun that was once made with a shoulder stock and longer barrels. It is a “Short Barreled Shotgun” that has a $200 transfer tax, and takes most of a year (at the speed of bureaucracy) for the transfer paperwork.
2. A gun that was made from the beginning in the pistol form factor. It is “Any Other Weapon” under the NFA. It has a $5 transfer tax, and takes most of a year (at the speed of bureaucracy) for the transfer paperwork.
3. A gun that has some vestige or simulacrum of rifling in the barrel… this is a pistol under the law, and a Title 1 firearm that does not fall under the NFA at all. It can be sold over counter at any FFL, and the buyer can walk out with it, except in states like California where one of the “sickeners” that politicians and criminals impose on lawful owners is a waiting period.

Len asks if this makes any sense. Of course it doesn’t make any sense, it’s the law.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC is a 1911

Re: 3 Different guns, or are they?

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:55:04

Well done! It shows the idiocy behind the firearms laws in this country, and that they were created by people who DO NOT FREAKING SHOOT!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Re: 3 Different guns, or are they?

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 20 Feb 2017 13:03:53

Probably the best example I have seen so far. The only issues that I have with this line of defense of our rights is, every lefty responds with "That's why no guns should be legal." The debate is either wasted on them or blows up in our face because they don't care about our rights.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Return to NFA & SOT