Not New. Just Returning.

VGOF Calendar Import Calendar Entry (.ics) for this topic If you just created a profile, please take a moment to stop by and introduce yourself.

Not New. Just Returning.

Postby domin8ss » Fri, 07 Jun 2019 03:47:02

It's been dispatch years since I posted here. I forgot my old login info so I created a new account. I'm originally from Utah. First moved to Chesapeake in 2009. In 2012 I moved to Chicago. That was a rough time. In 2015 I moved to Philadelphia. In 2017 I returned to Chesapeake (same house. I just rented it out anticipating the eventual return.) Who knows where I'm headed in 2020. I'm a Navy spouse to a pediatric nurse, a Marine Corps Veteran (0311), and father of 3 wonderful children. I'm also a firearms instructor, although business is nonexistant in Virginia. In the meantime I've just been building guns. Last year I completed an AR-15 in 5.56 in FDE with a 20" heavy barrel, a rifle length gas tube, and a 37mm flare launcher (just because I can). I'm currently working on a gen 4 Glock 34 MOS race gun in black and OD green. All of my builds start from a stripped frame. Please excuse my posts with swear words. Dropping an F-bomb is everyday language for me, and contagious for others. Just ask the Zac Brown Band, lol.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

domin8ss
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Re: Not New. Just Returning.

Postby MarcSpaz » Fri, 07 Jun 2019 18:54:49

Hey man! Welcome back! Diggin' the hardware.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Re: Not New. Just Returning.

Postby domin8ss » Fri, 07 Jun 2019 22:15:39

Thanks. The 34 isn't close to being done. The lower half is complete. The upper is just a blank slide right. I'm sending it to Southwest Precision in Arizona for some milling, then to a friend in Philly for some color.

For those who are curious, the laser stippling and double undercut trigger were done by Wilson Combat.

The green parts and black metal pins are Hyve Technologies.

The magwell is Arsenal Democracy.

I cut the back strap and the painting of the screw were things I did. The magwell doesn't work with back straps, and used a set screw to secure the brass plug the magwell mounts to. I went to Lowe's, sized up the thread pitch and screw size, and found a suitable replacement in silver. I scuffed up the screws finish with sand paper, hung it with thin fishing line, and sprayed it with appliance paint.

Rest of the internals are either Rock Your Glock and Lone Wolf Distributors.

Please don't ask about the AR. Way too much to list.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

domin8ss
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to New Members Report Here