Marylanders seek to repeal strict 2013 gun control law

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

Marylanders seek to repeal strict 2013 gun control law

Postby allingeneral » Tue, 04 Feb 2014 22:54:10

Several hundred gun-rights supporters rallied in a defiant spirit outside the Maryland State House on Tuesday, with some making fiery calls to repeal last year’s tough new gun-control law.

“We’re not out here watering the liberty tree yet, but it’s parched,” Del. Michael D. Smigiel, Sr. (R-Cecil) told the crowd, referring to Thomas Jefferson’s remark that “the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Smigiel also led the crowd through a recitation of the Second Amendment and celebrated vows by some sheriffs around the country, including Garrett County’s, not to enforce gun laws they see as unconstitutional.

Smigiel received cheers when he told the crowd that he has sponsored a bill to repeal SB281, the sweeping gun control law pushed by Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) last year in response to the December 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

Others, however, acknowledged the long odds against undoing what is now one of the strictest gun-control laws in the country. Despite feeling outnumbered, several pledged to begin working to change the makeup of the Maryland General Assembly.

Picture of the rally, dubbed - 2A Tuesday - from Delegate Smigiel's facebook page:

Delegate Smigiel on Facebook

Read more of the article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md- ... story.html
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: Marylanders seek to repeal strict 2013 gun control law

Postby ShotgunBlast » Tue, 04 Feb 2014 23:03:17

Local paper probably said 20 people showed up. :dunno:

ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Michael

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 09:15:19

Penn & Teller on the 2nd Amendment:

At least they know bullshit when they hear/see/smell it.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby ShotgunBlast » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 11:49:39

Strange they can't seem to point out any other places where those hack framers f'd up the wording.

Best 2A defense ever. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Michael

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)