VA Gov McAuliffe's anti-gun amendment defeated (HB-962)

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

VA Gov McAuliffe's anti-gun amendment defeated (HB-962)

Postby allingeneral » Sun, 09 Mar 2014 11:47:52

on Friday, the Governor’s amendment to House Bill 962, sponsored by Delegate Ben Cline (R-24), was defeated by a 30-70 vote in the House of Delegates. As previously reported, Governor Terry McAuliffe (D) made his first attempt to limit the legal use of firearms in Virginia by returning an amendment to HB 962 that would further restrict how handguns may be stored in vehicles by forcing drivers to keep firearms in a “locked” container rather than being allowed to secure those firearms in a container without a lock as they have lawfully been doing for years. Thanks to your calls and e-mails, this misguided amendment was rejected. This unamended legislation now returns to the Governor for his decision to sign HB 962 or veto it. Please contact Governor McAuliffe TODAY and urge him to sign HB 962 into law! Please e-mail him by clicking here and call him at 804-786-2211.

Read more 2014 Virginia gun-related legislation at NRA-ILA
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: VA Gov McAuliffe's anti-gun amendment defeated (HB-962)

Postby mamabearCali » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:34:56

Thank YOU! All of you who called. I have been to sick to keep up with stuff.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Re: VA Gov McAuliffe's anti-gun amendment defeated (HB-962)

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:26:36

I had direct email communications with Delegate Lingamfelter about this. He is the chairman of the Militia, Police and Public Safety Committee. I'm sure he has some influence in the right circles to help preserve our rights.

I'm glad to see that our voices still have weight in the ears of some of our leaders.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)