Be Careful What You Ask For . . .

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

Be Careful What You Ask For . . .

Postby OleMan » Sun, 09 Feb 2014 20:32:29

I Love This Country! It's The Government That Scares The Hell Outta Me!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
OleMan
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Oleman

My Arsenal:
Somewhat modest, but highly effective

Next Firearm:
What I decide when I decide

Re: Be Careful What You Ask For . . .

Postby OakRidgeStars » Sun, 09 Feb 2014 20:37:04

I hope he enjoys the legal system he advocated for. :clap:

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 02:52:41

Damn hypocrite.

I've got no sympathy for him.

AT commenters point out his lack of personal responsibility in claiming to have forgotten thathe'd had it on him.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby mamabearCali » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:57:38

He earned that trouble, and while I don't think his crime deserves a felony....he does. I do not wish a felony charge on anyone, but I hope he learns at the end of his journey through what will most undoubtedly be a painful and expensive venture what harm the law he campaigned for can do to a good honest and decent person who just has a brain lapse.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:00:09

The problem isn't guns on school property... it's NUTJOBS with guns on school property.

The people on this forum could stand around fully armed on school property, not a DAMNED thing would happen!

One "pill-poppin' whack-a-doo", comes onto campus with a .22, and a penchant for buggery, and away the press rolls with stereotypes of gun owners.

Idjuts... (expletive) idjuts.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:45:33

I must confess to a little schadenfreude due to the fact that this guy is not only caught violating the draconian anti-gun law he advocated, but also in the common gun-grabber hypocrisy of keeping a gun for his own protection while trying to prevent other from doing the same. Couldn't happen to a more deserving S.O.B.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:13:49

Wait a hot second!!! This ass and his friends are pushing to disarm Americans. They finally get their way. Ignore the law because if it wasn't for double standards, they wouldn't have any at all. Then, when they get caught, they use Pro-2A arguing points to get away with it???

Seriously? WTF? He should be charged and held to a higher standard. Throw that jerk in jail... for being a jerk.

Quotes from his supporters...

"The more they make these gun-free zones, the more they make people vulnerable to mass killers like at Columbine and Sandy Hook," said Stephen J. Aldstadt, a Colden resident who serves as president of the state Shooters Committee on Political Education.

Some of Ferguson's supporters echoed similar criticism, saying that carrying a weapon meant Ferguson could have helped police in the event there was a gunman actually threatening students.

"Dwayne probably was in a position to help the police not knowing that he was the one they were looking for," said George Johnson, president of Buffalo United Front,

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby mamabearCali » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:05:06

He must suck at concealed carry, two people saw his gun. When my husband carries....you will never ever know unless you pat him down. When I carry, you will likely have no clue.

Concealed is concealed. Keep it that way. There is still no way this should be a felony. Shouldn't even be illegal, but whatever.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby OleMan » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:49:15

This story begs the question; why have they not provided planned, organized and trained security "protectors" in their 'goverment school' system? IMHO, it is monstrous malfeasance of office to group hundreds of students in a school and then not permit anyone to protect them. The only "protection" is the local police who likely can respond only after the carnage.

Those same officials will be sure to provide lots of police and private security at public events such as sporting events. It is a crazy double standard that makes no sense at all.

All that said, this man lobbied hard for the law which he violated. He should expect the penalties.

My guess is that some politically correct way will be found to let him off with a light penalty.
I Love This Country! It's The Government That Scares The Hell Outta Me!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
OleMan
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Oleman

My Arsenal:
Somewhat modest, but highly effective

Next Firearm:
What I decide when I decide

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)