Under the heading of "Guns Save Lives"

Discussions concerning happenings in other states throughout this great land of ours.

Under the heading of "Guns Save Lives"

Postby AlanM » Sat, 14 Sep 2019 08:36:07

I JUST ran across a link to this site.

I provides a LARGE amount of ammunition to fire at people that say that civilians don't stop or prevent mass shootings.

List of Mass Shootings Stopped by Armed Civilians

The “Catch 22”

When dealing with a claim of stopping a mass shooting, there’s a “Catch 22” problem. If someone shoots a potential mass shooter before they begin, technically a mass shooting never took place and one can’t definitively claim it was prevented. On the other hand, if a mass shooting is underway and then stopped by an armed civilian, technically the mass shooting wasn’t prevented either, as it already happened. This “Catch 22” makes it technically impossible to stop a mass shooting. Thus, this meme could be considered correct under this twisted logic, but would be grossly and maliciously misleading and not what any fair person would consider to be true.

Another factor is to consider what is meant by “armed civilian”. One could argue that an off-duty police officer or military personnel carrying a weapon isn’t a civilian, but this seems disingenuous.

Here's another link to even more, more recent, incidents:
https://crimeresearch.org/2019/05/uber-driver-in-chicago-stops-mass-public-shooting/
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Re: Under the heading of "Guns Save Lives"

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:06:18

Never saw that meme before. Its amazing to me how willfully ignorant people choose to be.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Re: Under the heading of "Guns Save Lives"

Postby WRW » Sat, 14 Sep 2019 18:49:04

Ummm...if you stop a mass shooting in progress then you have stopped a mass shooting. You may not have prevented it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

ads

Return to National Discussions