Omnibus policy and DJT

Discussions concerning happenings in other states throughout this great land of ours.

Omnibus policy and DJT

Postby wittmeba » Sat, 24 Mar 2018 13:35:52

New thoughts about DJT.

I used to wonder what might happen if someone we elect to office changed their ways once in office. Now, I think I know.

Now at the helm, he has changed course of the ship. He has indicated to the Dems that he is weaker than they. When you honestly and wholeheartedly feel strongly about a policy you NEVER submit. He caved to policy that could have been a flagship to his record. Instead it becomes a flagship for Schumer and Pelosi. I don't believe he has gained any new followers by his actions. He has lost many of his followers (those who put him in office) and it would not surprise me to see many press for impeachment. I would likely follow. He will never get his wall that I still believe we strongly need. And his ban on bumpstocks will be an easy victory for the libs and 2nd amendment destroyers. And that is only a start on gun control. I am hurt and ashamed.
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Re: Omnibus policy and DJT

Postby kelu » Sat, 24 Mar 2018 15:15:12

I'm sad, I can't find good words, so I will just quote a smarter guy:

François Chollet
‏Verified account @fchollet

Risk aversion and conflict avoidance may push us not to stand up for what we believe in, or stay silent when we have important things to say. This is self-reinforcing: the less people speak up the higher the perceived risk of speaking up. That's how your values die.
2:15 PM - 23 Mar 2018
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby SHMIV » Sat, 24 Mar 2018 23:29:05

This is all very disappointing, to be sure. But, I knew that Trump would eventually do something that was severely disappointing. All Presidents do.

But, consider what Trump has done, thus far, that's been positive. Consider, too, where we'd be under Hillary, or even Bush or Kasich. Overall, Trump has done remarkably well, considering that he's opposed by both major parties (including his own), as well as whatever minor parties may exist.

I expect that Trump will disappoint us, once or twice more, while in office. But, I also expect he'll do some more good things, too.

Let's not lose hope, just yet.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby dusterdude » Sun, 25 Mar 2018 16:00:46

I read on another forum where trump sent a letter to the speaker of the house and the president of the senate,saying he was invoking some law done in 1985 which gives him the right to use the omnibus money anyway he wants ie,building the wall.i certainly hope that is his end game with this bill.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps  
dusterdude
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
bersa 380,taurus pt145 and m1 garand

ads

Return to National Discussions