Free NRA memberships

Discussions concerning happenings in other states throughout this great land of ours.

Free NRA memberships

Postby SELFDEFENSE » Fri, 01 May 2009 14:28:56

The NRA is giving FREE 1-yr memberships to everyone who wants to join.
They are trying to build up their membership to fight pending
Legislation that impacts our right to keep and bear arms.

It is very important that anti-gun congressmen see how many people they
will have to fight to get their legislation through.

https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

This can include spouses and children also.

SELFDEFENSE
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: Free NRA memberships

Postby allingeneral » Fri, 01 May 2009 14:44:53

We're definitely with you on this one! I hope that their Free Membership Drive results in many new members and many successes in Washington.

See also this post, which is a Sticky under General Discussions

general-discussion/nra-membership-1st-year-free-t311.html

I'm stickying this post under National Discussions as well.
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby herohog » Sat, 02 May 2009 00:19:17

It's the real deal. I was up for renewal and filled one out for the wife and I. I wasn't sure if it "took" and called today to get us the
$10 associate membership (std membership w/o the magazine) and to get us on the "Don't send all the offers" list. The guy checked our accounts and we were good for another year already (the free sign up offered here) and we just need to do the Associated membership next year.

Sweet I thought. :clap:

herohog
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Speedy

Postby VBwoodie » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:24:46

i just took advantage of that offer, thanks.

VBwoodie
On Target
On Target

First Name: Lloyd

My Arsenal:
Kahr CW45
Stag Lefty AR 15
Polytech AKS-762 SP
Yugo Mauser
Many shotguns

Next Firearm:
Full Size 1911

Postby kanata67 » Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:00:36

I had to parse the link to get it to work. https://www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp
I sent the link to all my email contacts on the basis that "even if you don't like guns there might come a time you are happy to have a heavily armed neighbor who likes you"

props to SELFDEFENSE for being on the ball and sharing good info
"The deeper sorrow cleaves into your soul the greater it's capacity to contain joy" -DeSade

when in doubt set it on fire.

kanata67
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
walther p22
others

Postby ConcealedCarryAcdmy » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:56:57

Great post, thanks for sharing this info. Just saved me some money.
Jason Hanson
http://www.ConcealedCarryAcademy.com
(where you get over $3,000 in free gifts)
Former CIA Officer
NRA Instructor
Utah CFP Instructor

ConcealedCarryAcdmy
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Jason

My Arsenal:
Glock 19
And many others I'll never tell.

Postby cyras21 » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:57:38

Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be...but I've been hesitant in joining the NRA simply because I don't see an active role being taken to secure our rights.

I understand the lobbing and all, but I'm dead against giving politicians money just to play the games and not getting anything real in return.

What I would like to see and I don't think I am is suits against States and Federal government PRIOR to someone being arrested and needing representation. Some of these regulations should fought in the court room based on constitutionality.

If I am wrong, please set me straight. I put my money where I see it's needed AND used wisely. Congress is broken and I won't subsidize a broken system!

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member  
cyras21
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Clement

My Arsenal:
Springfield Target Loaded 1911
2 XD 9 Sub (everyday carry)
Jericho 941 (Baby Eagle) 9mm
Taurus .38 Special
Winchester 870 Tactical
Remington 700 270
Remington 700 300 Ultra
AR15

Next Firearm:
Saiga 12

Postby kanata67 » Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:43:00

cyras21 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be...but I've been hesitant in joining the NRA simply because I don't see an active role being taken to secure our rights.

I understand the lobbing and all, but I'm dead against giving politicians money just to play the games and not getting anything real in return.

What I would like to see and I don't think I am is suits against States and Federal government PRIOR to someone being arrested and needing representation. Some of these regulations should fought in the court room based on constitutionality.

If I am wrong, please set me straight. I put my money where I see it's needed AND used wisely. Congress is broken and I won't subsidize a broken system!

It's a FREE sign up. Keyword being FREE. Spend the money saved on a vet fund like I did... or beer like I also did. :roll:
"The deeper sorrow cleaves into your soul the greater it's capacity to contain joy" -DeSade

when in doubt set it on fire.

kanata67
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
walther p22
others

Postby OakRidgeStars » Fri, 22 Apr 2011 06:28:27

The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington

http://gunowners.org/

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby suburbanredneck » Sun, 25 Sep 2011 12:16:28

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind a free membership from the NRA's perspective. The reason we all joined was to fund the fight for our rights, no? What real benefit do they get from it?

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
suburbanredneck
On Target
On Target

First Name: Steve

Postby Bicycleman » Tue, 15 May 2012 16:56:44

I used to be an NRA member for 6 years during the Clinton administration. I gave religiously to help the NRA fight the constant attempts by the Democrats to destroy the 2nd Amendment. Then one day, I received a VHS video tape in the mail from NRA. It was all about how our freedom was secured by our right to own firearms from the Revolutionary War to modern times. There was no note with the video. Well, I put it away and forgot about it. A month later, I received a rather hateful letter from NRA saying that I was supposed to either pay them $25 for the tape, or return it to them immediately. I did neither. I informed them that they sent the tape to my address with no reason for sending it, and I told them I didn't like their surly attitude and to take my name off their mailing list. They complied, and I don't get anymore of their propaganda. The propaganda got to be so much that every time I'd read it, I'd get angry over what they said the government was going to do to my rights. I hated to read it. It was so bad. Also, a neighbor of mine, a life time member received a phone call from NRA urging him to rejoin. When he informed the caller that he was a life member, he was told that all lifetime memberships were being rescinded because the organization needed all the new money they could get, and he wasn't rejoining and supplying them any new funds. He no longer has anything to do with NRA, and yes, they stopped all of his magazines, but not the propaganda.

I will look at this offer, but with caution, knowing the problems I had with them, previously.

Bicycleman
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
Not senal, are you senal?

Postby YoungGunVA » Tue, 15 May 2012 18:24:41

Bicycleman wrote:I used to be an NRA member for 6 years during the Clinton administration. I gave religiously to help the NRA fight the constant attempts by the Democrats to destroy the 2nd Amendment. Then one day, I received a VHS video tape in the mail from NRA. It was all about how our freedom was secured by our right to own firearms from the Revolutionary War to modern times. There was no note with the video. Well, I put it away and forgot about it. A month later, I received a rather hateful letter from NRA saying that I was supposed to either pay them $25 for the tape, or return it to them immediately. I did neither. I informed them that they sent the tape to my address with no reason for sending it, and I told them I didn't like their surly attitude and to take my name off their mailing list. They complied, and I don't get anymore of their propaganda. The propaganda got to be so much that every time I'd read it, I'd get angry over what they said the government was going to do to my rights. I hated to read it. It was so bad. Also, a neighbor of mine, a life time member received a phone call from NRA urging him to rejoin. When he informed the caller that he was a life member, he was told that all lifetime memberships were being rescinded because the organization needed all the new money they could get, and he wasn't rejoining and supplying them any new funds. He no longer has anything to do with NRA, and yes, they stopped all of his magazines, but not the propaganda.

I will look at this offer, but with caution, knowing the problems I had with them, previously.

I had a similar but not so serious issue with them in the first 6 months of my membership. They sent me a DVD from their "self defense pistol" collection and in the package it just said something along the lines of "here's a complimentary DVD from our self defense series, if you like it return $xx.xx as continue receiving them, otherwise keep the DVD as a free gift with no obligation to return it" and then every 2 weeks for 3 months I got a letter saying it was my last chance to return the DVD and in small print amongst all the other mumbo jumbo it said "if you don't want to continue the series there is no obligation to return the DVD" as if they were hoping I wouldnt see it and they would scare me into sending the money. I didnt even bother calling to complain. Instead, I held on to all the correspondence and hoped they would draft an unauthorized amount from my account but they didn't and all the letters and even future spam stoPped. I haven't gotten a piece of NRA junk mail in a few months now. I have no problem giving $25 a year for a membership but that's all they are getting out of me. I belong to the NRA and VCDL and I will only donate to the VCDL.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"I've always heard that the good die young. At least I know that I'll die young."

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
YoungGunVA
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Chad

My Arsenal:
Glock 19, Remmy 870 Tactical w/Magpul SGA furniture.

Next Firearm:
???

Postby Bicycleman » Wed, 16 May 2012 13:06:47

Another thing that concerns me about this free membership offer is whether NRA intends to keep their membership rolls secret. Back during the Clinton Administration, the BATF tried to coerce Wayne LaPierre to surrender the names of all members. Wayne refused and cited that he would go to jail before he surrendered that list. With the way the present administration is ramping up their anti-gun agenda, I wonder what NRA intends to do with that list and also what they gain? That is a lot of $25 membership fees lost. Nothing is truly free, especially considering what NRA pulled on YoungGunVA and me.

Bicycleman
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
Not senal, are you senal?

Postby mstuff » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:34:17

Well heres a clue for you

If anyone sends you ANYTHING via US POSTAL service that you did not ORDER you do NOT have to pay for it and you get to KEEP it, thats the law.

An EXCLUSION to this would be if the FINE PRINT of any agreement SPECIFICALLY STATES that they are ALLOWED to send you things that if you keep and dont return you must pay for. Think Columbia House Record Club, or those scams where u pay 99 cents for something in a collection and then every 4 to 8 weeks they send another for your review at full price and if you keep it you owe them

So if there is NOT fine print in the AGREEMENT you agreed to or signed when joining that NOTIFIED you of these SPECIAL OFFERS , AND, the item comes via US POSTAL SERVICE, you not only dont have to pay for it, it is YOURS FREE, thats THE LAW.

mstuff
On Target
On Target

Postby mstuff » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:36:17

Also, I think that if you INVESTIGATE this, what you will find is that this is an NRA CONTRACTOR that is doing this, just like those that do their member drives at gunshows, those are NOT NRA people, they are a contracting group out of Florida.

The SOLID GOLD LETTERED NRA HAT that you get for joining is NOT available from NRA, it is ONLY available when you join via the non-NRA contracting group that does member sign ups

I was told this bit of info at the NRA HQ STORE in VA 2 weeks ago when I attempted to get a second hat after getting the first one from a gun show a few days before for joining.

I am NOT a big supporter of NRA and only joined 2 weeks ago to fund them because they currently are the only game in town in DC

I was not impressed with them and their actions on the first AW Ban when they seemed to give in to protect their core and threw the rest of us to the dogs

And again in 2008 Heller when they ACTIVELY engaged the plaintiff to try and stop that case from going forward because they were afraid of a ruling that went against the gun owners.

The only reason I joined them this time, is as a last ditch effort and there is no one else, I am not confident they will do what needs to be done, we will see.

And while Im ranting. I only found out after joining that those people were contractors and not NRA Staff, I donated money beyond the member fee outside at the gunshow, I did that AFTER my receipt was made and in cash.
So now my confidence that the money actually made it to NRA and not gas or food for a contractor is lower than it should be.

mstuff
On Target
On Target

Postby mstuff » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:54:42

Bicycleman wrote:Another thing that concerns me about this free membership offer is whether NRA intends to keep their membership rolls secret.

I would assume that in this digital age, that the list is routinely at risk of compromise, in whole or in part, by forces either externally or internally, and if you truly dont want the risk of that exposure then dont join.

You can always donate anonymously I would think, maybe not

mstuff
On Target
On Target

Postby Rumson » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:59:53

cyras21 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be...but I've been hesitant in joining the NRA simply because I don't see an active role being taken to secure our rights.

The NRA has it's faults but they are the main reason we aren't currently limited to crack barrel shotguns and 22's.. The vilification of the group by anti-gunners show they are the driving force behind 2A..

The NRA learned their lesson from members when they caved on the last AWB.. I don't have the stats or demographics but looking at the American Rifleman magazine, the NRA has moved in a different direction and realizes what the new core is..

Edited to correct only to main..

Rumson
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Rumson

My Arsenal:
Break in and find out.

Postby FiremanBob » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:14:03

I asked the NRA not to send me any premiums that are made in China, such as the hat and cheap knife they gave me for some ILA donations. I also had the incident with the self-defense DVD but when I called they were completely polite and cooperative about it and they said they would not do such a thing again.

NRA is quite effective in lobbying to protect our rights, and run a lot of valuable training and competition programs, so I think it's a bargain to support them. I also support GOA and JPFO. Sure, I'm more aligned with the position of the latter two groups, but it's also valuable to have as many voices as possible singing our song. (Note: the Left does this with multiple groups acting in concert all the time.)
Author of The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22
1022Companion.com
Project Appleseed Instructor

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member  
FiremanBob
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Bob

Postby GLKLVR9 » Sat, 10 May 2014 04:56:06

Is this offer still available?

GLKLVR9
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: JC

My Arsenal:
ALL

Postby ProShooter » Sat, 10 May 2014 21:00:00

GLKLVR9 wrote:Is this offer still available?

No, but I am a recruiter and have discounts available if you are interested in joining.

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO

"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"

ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jim

My Arsenal:
Lost it all in a tragic boating accident.

Return to National Discussions