Demand for CHL/CHPs increasing

Discussions concerning happenings in other states throughout this great land of ours.

Demand for CHL/CHPs increasing

Postby AlanM » Mon, 20 Aug 2018 14:34:10

Study: Demand for concealed carry weapons permits skyrocketing despite anti-gun campaigning

Issued CCW permits have increased about 275 percent over a 10-year period, from 4.6 million permits in 2007 to more than 17.25 million permits in 2018, according to a study released Friday by Crime Prevention Research Center.

The figure has increased every year and is expected to continue increasing.

From 2007 through 2018, women and minorities represent the largest demographic increase. When compared to white individuals, permits for Asian and black individuals spiked 29 percent and 20 percent faster, respectively.

“A poll by [the] Pew [Research Center] helps to explain why there has been such a large increase in concealed handgun permits among blacks and women,” he said. “The poll shows a 25 percentage point increase in the proportion of blacks with a favorable view of gun ownership. This is the largest increase of any group.”

Among all women the increase was 11 percent, and the increase among men was 8 percent.

And what we've known all along.

The study also showed that CCW permit holders are “extremely” law-abiding citizens.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC is a 1911

Re: Demand for CHL/CHPs increasing

Postby M1A4ME » Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:51:29

I'm glad to see more "minorities" of the American citizens finally seeing the light.

The more of them that believe in the need for their own self defense the more of them will support keeping the 2nd Amendment intact.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Return to National Discussions