Hornady FPB Bullet

If you're into blowing smoke, this is the forum for you!

Hornady FPB Bullet

Postby jolson » Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:59:52

Has anyone tried the Hornady FPB bullit yet? Articles I have read states that it is very accurate and easy to load (no sabot). Was thinking of trying it in my Investarms Hawken Rifle and was just wondering about others experiences.
Thanks

jolson
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
mostly muzzleloaders

Re: Hornady FPB Bullet

Postby meak99 » Mon, 10 Jan 2011 22:40:23

Yes - I use them for deer, and general target practice. They are generally pretty expensive, however, two years ago I was in the Ashland Walmart a week after hunting season and they had them on sale for $4.99 per pack of 15 :clap: I bought about 20 packs of them... and am down to 4.

They shoot accurately from my T/C Omega Z5, and are easy to load even after several shots without cleaning.

Here is a good write-up about them.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/hornady_FPB.htm

meak99
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Matt

Re: Hornady FPB Bullet

Postby jolson » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:35:45

Thanks a lot for the article. I have been using the Hornady SST sabots in my Traditions Pursuit . They are accurate and I was able to take 2 turkeys with the gun using them this year but have not found a good bullit for the Hawken. I will give the FPB's a try. Also thanks for the Walmart tip. I'll keep my eyes open.

jolson
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
mostly muzzleloaders

Return to Muzzleloaders and Black Powder