Birchwood Casey Stick-A-Bull 12" Sight-InAdhStick-A-Bull 12" Sight-InAdh
Birchwood Casey
    Birchwood Casey Target Spots Green 6" /10Target Spots Green 6" /10
Birchwood Casey
    Birchwood Casey Shoot-N-C 20cm Target UIT 25/50M /6Shoot-N-C 20cm Target UIT 25/50M /6
Birchwood Casey

Winfree Firearms - Yorktown, VA

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

Winfree Firearms - Yorktown, VA

Postby allingeneral » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:49:47

WINFREE FIREARMS, INC
4018 GEORGE WASHINGTON MEMORIAL HIGHWAY (RT 17)
YORKTOWN, VA 23692

I stopped by this place today as well. They had a decent selection, but I wouldn't call it great. I looked at an old Romanian SKS that they had on the wall, but I wasn't impressed. They wanted $299 for it if I remember correctly. It was in pretty bad shape, and I'd say they wanted about twice what it was worth (though I'm no SKS expert)

If you're a smoker, they have a huge selection of cigarettes lol The lady behind the counter actually commented that she was sorry it took her a minute to come and help me - she HAD to have a cigarette over on the other side of the store away from the guns and ammo.

I really wasn't all that impressed with this place overall. I might swing by there again sometime if it's along the way just to see if they have anything interesting.

They did let me drop a short stack of VGOF stickers on the counter. That's always nice :)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: Winfree Firearms - Yorktown, VA

Postby t33j » Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:21:03

I know the owner; he recently took over the shop from his Dad.

Last week I was looking to see how much they'd give me for my p226. Wouldn't take it for $300... not that I would have sold it to them at that price.

I don't think I'd buy anything from there because the prices seem a bit high.
Sic semper tyrannis

t33j
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Anonymous

Postby scratch » Fri, 14 May 2010 21:45:38

Ya i went by there a few weeks ago looking for a xd 40 thay didnt have one but said thay could get me one for 625.00. i bout crapped my pants.

scratch
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
XD40

Postby VBshooter » Sat, 15 May 2010 10:06:33

I used to go there in the very early 90's while working at Amoco in Yorktown and it was a better shop then I think; Better selection and a bit more personal service attention ,, It's kind of sterile now and pricey..
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Postby GS78 » Sun, 16 May 2010 09:17:26

Its one of those places you stop in every once in a while, they are helpful and knowledgeable about various weapons, and sometimes they will have something that others may not have. You have to get past all that nasty smoke though....... :whistle:

as far as being "pricey" I think that is all relative, I would rather pay a little more to do business locally . I think "pricey" is buying any gun at a gun show.
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'

"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell

GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby VBshooter » Mon, 17 May 2010 08:55:52

Hell anywhere is a bargain compared to a Gun Show... I always look for the banners,,,"Suckers Look Here" Overpriced stuff that you can get online or locally cheaper.Bargains are far and few in between the hype and BS.
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews