Virginia Arms

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

Re: Virginia Arms

Postby Utah » Wed, 31 Oct 2018 14:54:13

If I'm not mistaken...didn't he vote for Obama twice?
"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing will begin in five minutes."
(Ronald Reagan 11 August 1984)

Utah
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby OldEagle » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 18:43:54

Utah wrote:If I'm not mistaken...didn't he vote for Obama twice?

Well, I don't know about that, but Obama was certainly one of the best drivers of firearms' sales in US history...

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
OldEagle
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Bob

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 05 Nov 2018 11:57:13

The vague sounding answer may well have been the true answer. I don't know the guy, and never had occasion to step into the store, but...

My Father owned a retail store, for a period of time. It's a stressful thing. Many who own a store, will tell you that they dont own the store; the store owns them. Owning a business, of any sort, is a particular nuisance if you have no patience for paperwork. My Father, who's owned a few businesses over the years, always spent just as much time, if not more, doing the paperwork (most of which revolved around unnecessary bureaucratic nonsense), as he did on the primary focus of the business.

My sister's Father-in-law held an FFL, until a couple of years ago. The last time that it came due for renewal, he just let it expire. He said that the headaches involved with an FFL continue to get worse, and it just wasn't worth it, anymore.

So, if this guy says that it's time to move on, maybe it's just time to move on. I can see where running a gun shop, especially in NOVA, would be more hassle than most folks would be inclined to deal with.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 05 Nov 2018 15:17:15

I can relate. Been there... closed up shop 2 decades ago. Can't imagine owning a brick and mortar store today.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 01 Dec 2018 02:12:04

Well, this is either great news OR it sucks horribly. The original founder and owner of VA Arms (Kevin Rychlik) purchased the business from Bernie and is going to re-open the shop.

Is Kevin on this forum? Anyone know Kevin or done business with his store "Fairfax Armory". All kinds of complaints in the local gun forums about Kevin and his Fairfax Armory store.

I am hoping its just a fluke that all I am finding is complaints. We really need a high quality LGS in this part of NOVA.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Previous

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews