Virginia Arms

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

Virginia Arms

Postby cwfunrider » Sat, 07 Apr 2012 09:13:53

I recently found Virginia Arms while looking for a Glock 19. I was going to buy at one of the shows but with the background checks taking so long and I always get delayed due to a common name I started looking for local shops.

I couldn't be more please with the experience I had at VA Arms. I must have called around to half a dozen "local" shops and they had the best price for sure. I went over to check them out and was surprised at the size and selection of the shop. Lots of stock from firearms to ammo to holsters. The staff was pleasant too deal as well.

I will certainly be looking to them again for future purchases. I you are near them or in the area stop in and see for yourself.

:clap:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
cwfunrider
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Chris

My Arsenal:
Who?
What?
I don't Understand?

Next Firearm:
That one.....

Re: Virginia Arms

Postby Mindflayer » Sun, 08 Apr 2012 12:08:05

I bought my SR-22 from them. Great folks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby Jamie » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:31:02

Indeed. They've also expanded recently with a whole wall full of holsters. I went in there 5 minutes before closing (hey, I had to go to Guns & Ammo Warehouse first!) and they were patient and helpful with everyone in there w/o trying to hustle anyone out.

Jamie
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jamie

Next Firearm:
deer rifle

Postby Reca » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:49:56

I have recently purchased my Ruger MkIII from VA Arms. Very helpful and kind group with a great selection. I have had better & consistent experiences at VA Arms than I have Guns & Ammo Warehouse.
I invite everyone to come to the range with me. It's as simple as letting me know what day you want to meet up.

Reca
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Reca

My Arsenal:
Taurus Judge
Glock 19
Ruger MKIII

Next Firearm:
Open to suggestion

Postby Jamie » Sat, 21 Apr 2012 09:08:38

Well, I've got to speak up for the lads at G&A. Every time I've been in there I've had all the help I needed, and I usually go in with a kid or four in tow. Not so much at VA. But hey, maybe that's just luck of the draw.

Jamie
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jamie

Next Firearm:
deer rifle

Postby jrswanson1 » Sun, 22 Apr 2012 08:22:40

Jamie wrote:Well, I've got to speak up for the lads at G&A. Every time I've been in there I've had all the help I needed, and I usually go in with a kid or four in tow. Not so much at VA. But hey, maybe that's just luck of the draw.

I get too much help at C&A. It feels like they're trying to get me out the door as fast as they can even though there are a total of two other customers there. I don't look that sketchy, do I? VA Arms is where I usually buy my guns.

jrswanson1
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jim

My Arsenal:
3 AR-15s
CETME
Rem 700 CDL 7mm-08
Win 94 .45 Colt
Ruger Mini-14 .223
Kel Tec Sub2000 9mm
Rem 870 Express Super Mag
Rem 11-87P
Spanish SxS 12 Gauge
ParaOrdnance P16-40 .40 S&W
CZ-75B 9mm
Ruger Mark II
CVA Magnum black powder rifle
Remington 700 Sendero II in 300 WM
Keltec PF9
Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt
RIA 1911 Bright Nickel .45 ACP
Enfield No. 1 Mark III*
Vz54/91
Vz52
Model of 1917 Enfield
Fazakerly No. 4 Mk I South African issued
Lithgow No. 1 Mk. III
Vz-24
Ishapore 2a
Enfield No.1 Mk III Republic of Ireland issued

Next Firearm:
Who am I kidding

Postby oldnavy » Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:06:05

My son bought a rifle from Virginia Arms. I have only bought ammo and cleaning gear but have had nothing but great cusomer service from them. One day though, I was about to buy an SP-101 and the salesman kept talking. He went on and on about everything you can imagine and some things you cannot. To move things along, I asked him to walk the revolver to the holsters. I was going to find a good fit and make the purchase. After more mummbling and stumbling and not finding a holster, I told him I wanted to think about it more and would be back. In the mean time, I found a great deal on a S&W M686 with 3 inch barrel at another dealer. I may one day get the Ruger but am really pleased with the 686.
Corpsman up!

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
oldnavy
On Target
On Target

First Name: Ron

My Arsenal:
M1A1
M-2
F/A-18
B-52

Postby zimm17 » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:33:52

I like this shop too. The recent expansion allowed for more inventory too. I bought a S&W M&P 15-22 MOE that they had in stock. Could have gotten it a little cheaper elsewhere, but nobody else had one in stock. Customer service is top notch too.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
zimm17
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Greg

My Arsenal:
A few

Postby Chasbo00 » Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:20:30

I've lived in NOVA for over 25 years and have visited just about all the gun shops in the area multiple times. Virginia Arms in Manassas has consistently been the best among them all in both sales and service.

I stopped by yesterday with a couple of my M&Ps that I wanted to do some simple mods on. I'm an old Glock armorer and do all my own work on them, plus I have the tools needed to do so. However, this is not the case with for me with M&Ps. Robb Jensen, Virginia Arms' armorer, fixed me up in just a few minutes and did so free of charge. This was not some special service because they know me, in fact they don't. This was a reflection of their attitude towards customers and their commitment to great service. It's also smart business as I'm posting here telling you about how great Virginia Arms is. They truly are a first class outfit. Stop by when you are in the Manassas area and I'll bet you will be impressed too.
Competition is one of the "great levelers" of ego.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Chasbo00
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Charlie

Postby OldEagle » Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:31:37

Ditto. I get down there every month or two. I've purchased a number of firearms from them over the past few years, sold one to them and made many smaller purchases. Every one of the multiple staff members I've dealt with, including the owner, has been friendly, knowledgeable, fair & highly professional on every occasion. They just operate at a higher level.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
OldEagle
On Target
On Target

First Name: Bob

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 12 Dec 2013 05:22:00

Got to chime in and agree. I really appreciate Bernie and the team at Virginia Arms. Their collective knowledge, support and honesty is unmatched by any shop I have been to. In the last 2 years I have purchased 6 guns, countless accessories and cases of ammo from them. I too have also been help by Rob (the armorer) with free services, inspections and part installation. They even help me with free labor while with troubleshooting and repairing a rifle I didn't buy from them. Top notch service ever time.

A quick example of why I trust them... I wanted to buy or build an AR pistol. Rob and Bernie took the time to ask me how I was going to be using it and helped me realize that it may not be the best choice for my intended use. I am sure many shops would have taken my money and not thought twice. Even though they talked me out of a sale and lost a transaction... they knew it was the right thing to do.

I know I can trust them. I'm going to continue to spend my money with people I trust.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews