TBL Arms - has anyone done business with them?

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

TBL Arms - has anyone done business with them?

Postby Mindflayer » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:30:43

I found them via Gallery of Guns. Good prices. Appears to be a single guy selling as he gets stock; he does offer a VCDL discount. Anyone do business with him before?

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Re: TBL Arms - has anyone done business with them?

Postby OakRidgeStars » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:47:41

First I've heard of them, but I did find this - http://www.tblarms.com

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby Hammer » Sat, 27 Nov 2010 14:00:18

Mindflayer wrote:I found them via Gallery of Guns. Good prices. Appears to be a single guy selling as he gets stock; he does offer a VCDL discount. Anyone do business with him before?

I was wondering the same. Got a great price from BudsGunShop.com, but could have saved another $25 through TBL Arms. Looking to purchase another for the significant other and her gun is on sale. Looking for information from anyone who has done business with TBL.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Hammer
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Bud

My Arsenal:
Savage Model 11, .308
DPMS Oracle AR-15
S&W 1911 "E"
Ruger SR9c
Beretta M9, 25th Anniversary Edition
Browning BDA 380 (hers)
Ruger LCP (hers)

Next Firearm:
guess i need a shotgun

Postby BadaBoom2012 » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:21:55

I came across TBL Arms from Gallery of Guns then visited their website: www.tblarms.com They are FFL/SOT and you can search their online inventory by clicking on the red "Search Online & Buy" on home page or just email them and telling them what you want. Reply was fast. I just bought the FNP-45 online and picked it up the next day. Best thing about it was all their guns have a lifetime Guarantee. I'm ordering my Gemtech suppressor from them next week. Great prices, good service and I got a shipping discount after I mentioned VGOF. They've got a Remington 870 "Super Shorty" on sale for $699...anyone have any experience about how that handles....looks cool and only a $5 tax stamp.

BadaBoom2012
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
Kimber 1911

Postby CoryB » Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:13:06

Where are they located? I cruised through most of the pages on their site and there's no physical or mailing address listed that I saw.

That's always been a big red flag for me. If you want me to spend money with you, I want to know where you are.

YMMV

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
CoryB
On Target
On Target

First Name: Cory

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:14:59

Leesburg, VA
Phone: 240-375-6406

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby twilsoncohen » Thu, 05 Jan 2012 12:52:24

I have several of my clients including myself that have done business with TBL Arms. Joe offers great prices and a good selection. If you have already had previous training with firearms his site does offer the VCDL, however I don't recommend this for those who have had no prior training. Owning a firearm is a big responsibility and can be a liability if the owner has little to no experience. TBL Arms is legitimate.

Tina Wilson-Cohen
SHE CAN SHOOT: The Shooting Divas ©
www.shecanshoot.com
www.protected-citizens-shooting-academy

twilsoncohen
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Tina

Postby 40CalFireGuy » Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:18:38

I bought a weapon for my wife several weeks ago, delivered from Budsgunshop.com and used Joe as my FFL transfer. I'll admit having looked at his website, I was a bit surprised at first when I didn't find his address online and then realized en route to meet him when the shotty arrived that he was running his business at home. Nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't expected at first and -- to paint the picture, my wife was 4 and half months pregnant at the time, hungry, carsick and wanted to hurl and she lost it on the phone with Joe :packin: when he was giving us directions because we got turned around. Bottom line, he was pleasant about it and that ain't easy sometimes with her. Great prices, believes in what he sells. He wants to equip people with weapons that he feels they can depend on, very enthusiastic. I won't have a problem going back, worth the trip out of my way for the savings and he'll tell you up front that if there's a difference in cost between Bud's + transfer fee and what he's listing it at through Davidson's, he'll work with you and see if he can get your business direct. Of course, you can get 0% financing through a GE line of credit at buds... there is that, but still, Joe's got a good rate for transfer fees. Not a bad experience.

40CalFireGuy
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Max

My Arsenal:
... what BATF permits do I need for trained monkeys?

Next Firearm:
KSG-12 (sure, sure, someday...)

Postby Moist » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 04:38:04

TBL Arms just handled my rifle transfer from Bud's for $25 plus $2 for the background check. It was great meeting Joe, he's a good guy that can be trusted, and he can get you just about anything you want. We shot the breeze for over an hour and played with some of the AR's and 1911's he'd tuned - I might have him do a workup on my RIA Officer's model one of these days. He runs his business from his home, but that shouldn't discourage anyone (I work at home, too), he's professional through and through. Overall experience was very positive. :thumbsup:

Moist
Marksman
Marksman

Postby leo2016 » Sat, 09 Apr 2016 23:06:37

Excellent customer service. Joe is a great guy to deal with. Very knowledgeable and even answered questions about products which were not purchased from TBL. Will definitely do business in the future. Very professional.

leo2016
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
m&p

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews