Straight Shooters Gunsmithing

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

Straight Shooters Gunsmithing

Postby TheEqualizer » Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:11:52

Has anyone ever used Straight Shooters Gunsmithing in Hillsboro, VA? The gunsmith is Ray Siegert.

http://www.straightshootersgunsmithing.com/index.html#1

Thanks!
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." - Richard Henry Lee

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
TheEqualizer
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Andy

Re: Straight Shooters Gunsmithing

Postby sportsshooter » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 11:24:31

I'd stay away. This guy takes way too long, does substandard work, and charges too much. Not sure he has ever been certified.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
sportsshooter
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
mossberg 12

Postby Ironbear » Wed, 18 Oct 2017 09:38:27

sportsshooter wrote:I'd stay away. This guy takes way too long, does substandard work, and charges too much. Not sure he has ever been certified.

Is this first hand? Second hand? Internet rumor? If you have examples or experience let's hear it!
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby OldEagle » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 19:35:42

Ironbear wrote:Is this first hand? Second hand? Internet rumor? If you have examples or experience let's hear it!

I agree with the responding comment above from ironbear

I don't have any knowledge of Straight Shooters Gunsmithing. In the Oakton area I've used Jeff May:
http://www.ustacticalusa.com/
The work he did for me was simple; I was very satisfied. He's clearly capable of much more.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
OldEagle
On Target
On Target

First Name: Bob

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews