BB pawn Fredericksburg, VA

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

BB pawn Fredericksburg, VA

Postby flowmaster » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:54:53

this pawn shop usually stocks two thousand guns. i was in there a couple of weeks ago and the guy said he was about 400 short, only had 1,600 guns on hand. i was blown away. they must have had 20 lever guns in .30-30 winchester. LOTS of used long guns. their website has links to century arms, which leads me to believe they can get you milsurp guns and probably cheap.

nice guy to work with. i made him an offer $28 less than the tag said and he said sure. not a huge place, but my god is it packed with guns. worth the drive if you're in fredericksburg. its near the intersection of court house road and route 1, in the strip mall that looks like it should have a grocery store (but is now a carpet place). i reccomend it.

flowmaster
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: _

Re: BB pawn Fredericksburg, VA

Postby MasterGuns » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:51:03

I have to agree. They've got more guns in there than many so-called gunshops. Definitely worth a look if you find yourself in town.

MasterGuns
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Jim

Postby flowmaster » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 02:41:24

i lifted this off of their website. pretty rediculous.
that's just the corner of the store, in the back on the right.

flowmaster
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby allingeneral » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:42:13

Holy crap! I've thought about stopping by there a couple of times to check the place out... Will definitely have to go now!

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby UDT » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:13:03

Thanks, for the info.
What can one man do? You never know until you try.

UDT
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Max

Postby Jericho01 » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:51:20

I haven't been to this store but looks like there's a lot of pips out there unloading their hardware for $$$.

Jericho01
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bing

My Arsenal:
Sig P225
Colt Combat Commander
Colt .38 Super
Colt Cobra
Colt Diamondback
Rock River Arms AR-15

Postby flowmaster » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 20:26:22

the guy told me he's down on guns, everyone's been buying since the election but he likes to have 2,000 on hand. i'm sure people are unloading though, the majority of his selection is used.

flowmaster
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Bob » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:08:56

WOW quite a selection. I'm looking for a used O/U shotgun, it might be worth the drive to see what he has.
The Bonnie Blue Flag

"I'll keep My Guns, My Freedom, and My Money, You can keep the Change"

Bob
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bob

Next Firearm:
A new 12 ga. more than likely a Mossberg

Postby Bobtail1911 » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 06:11:46

I think I'll check it out on my way to Glen Beck's Show this Saturday.
Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail 1911 in Desert Tan and SS
Stop CONGRESS now!>> http://reformcongress.org/
The best insurance is your own 1911 semi-automatic pistol...http://www.metrohealthquote.com

Bobtail1911
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Mark

My Arsenal:
None of your business

Postby Hiwaytahell » Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:50:19

Wow...I'm going.
:machinegun:

Hiwaytahell
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Two rocks, and a snowball.

Postby wbtrunx » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:56:21

The first time I went to BB pawn, the "kid" behind the counter asks for my ID. I put kid in quotes because I'm sure this man is an adult, but he looked about 12. I was thinking, "Can I see your ID?"

Lots of selection but only "ok" prices in my experience.

wbtrunx
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Wes

Postby bossgvr4 » Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:08:51

Has anyone been by here lately .... the CFO authorized the purchase of a new shotgun so I'm lookin' for a used Benelli Inertia Drive Semi

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bossgvr4
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Dave

My Arsenal:
Assorted for engagements @ various ranges

Postby msk7a » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:03:27

After reading all the reviews (my curiosity was piqued by the "2000 guns" claim) I decided to make the 1hr drive from Fairfax out to Fredericksburg and check out BB Pawn.

Their selection is huge, the owner did admit that they were running about 400 guns short, but they did have a varied selection of all types of firearms (about 90% long guns). Their prices are what you might expect to pay on gunbroker, but they are willing to negotiate. They do sell ammo, but the prices are a bit higher than wal*mart (when they are in stock).

This was my first pawn-shop to ever visit. For those unfamiliar with the experience they negotiate on "price out the door" - this is the final out of pocket price.

I ended up picking up a Ruger Single Six (with both 22LR and 22Mag barrels) and a Browning Buckmark (with gold trigger, rosewood grips, and weaver rail) for $650 (this price included tax and background check). The original price was $700. They did try to offer a free FFL transfer instead of the $50 discount I asked for, but in the end aquiesced. I will definitely be back - they were nice guys and helpful.

msk7a
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Marcus

Next Firearm:
M1 Garand

Postby MrRvo » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:01:16

i took a trip in there the other day for the first time even tho ive drove past it a million and one times, and i mean ill give it to them they had alot of guns for a pawn shop, but i didnt see anything that was a good deal hell some of the things they had were higher then retail price for them, not to mention the guys didnt really seem to know alot about any of them, they had alot of brands i hadnt seen before but, most of them were because they were cheaply made guns, i know someone that bought a gun from them and he got them to knock the price down to cheaper then what they have it "on sale " for, but still it was higher then the retail price, needless to say he wasnt to happy about that when i told him, they did have id say one gun i was interested in but givin everything else i saw, i didnt ask to much about it, because i figured the guys there wouldnt know any more then i did about it, and the price still was a little high. but that was just my thoughts on it, i do know that the pawn shop right by the gym at 4-mile fork is not starting to get into buying selling and tradeing of guns. but im giving them a little bit of time to start up and have a somewhat selection before i go in. but thats just my 2 cents.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right

MrRvo
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: R

Postby MuShuGordon » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:26:03

The pawn shop right beside my house has 3 guns. Ha. I want to see this place.

MuShuGordon
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
-Mossberg 100 ATR 270 (Marinecote model with marinecote scope)
-1943 Mosin Nagant
-FEG PA63
-Savage 17 Mach II with BSA Sweet 17 Mach II scope, heavy barrel, and bi-pod

Postby kevinmfduane » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 13:37:45

B&B does have a ton of guns, that's a good thing. The only problem is his prices are as high as what you would pay at gunbroker after shipping and ffl fees. If I am buying local I want good price. I have bought many rifles and shotguns from the owner. He does not come down on his price much. I have bought as many as 9 rifles/shotguns from here in a week and he acts like he is doing you a favor if he is letting you get out the door with $5 off marked price. The reason he gets my business from time to time is because of what he has. old 37 winchesters and iver johnsons that you just don't see at any other places in the area. He has even told me that if he has a gun marked at $400 on the shelf it is the same to him as having $400 in his account. I say the only reason to shop here is because of the selection. The price is only worth it if he has something you never see or really really want. I bought a remington 220 that was awesome looking and it would jamb every shot and gouge the ejector. I told him the next day and he told me no returns or repairs since it was a pawn shop. If I am paying gun store prices I don't want pawnshop service. The guy is also rude, but when I want a nice 1950s remington or stevens then this is where I shop.

kevinmfduane
On Target
On Target

Postby kevinmfduane » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:40:03

In the previous post I said Remington 220 but It is a Remington 550.

kevinmfduane
On Target
On Target

ads

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews