New Indoor Range in Manassas?

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

New Indoor Range in Manassas?

Postby bikiboki » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 14:41:42

Has anyone got any information about a new indoor range presently under construction in the Manassas area? I was at Blue Ridge Arsenal today and one of the shooters mentioned it. Supposedly under construction, with 25, 50, and 100 yard lanes. Any information appreciated.

Bill
There are only three types of mistakes: Those you suffer from; those you learn from; and those you don't survive.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
bikiboki
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Nothing to see here.

Re: New Indoor Range in Manassas?

Postby Mindflayer » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:20:00

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby trailrunner » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:25:23

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
trailrunner
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: trailrunner

My Arsenal:
two squirt guns and a rubber-band gun

Next Firearm:
nerf gun

Postby Newgunguy » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 17:31:30

That looks like it is going to be a beast!!

Charles.
[url="http://www.signaturebar.com/"]Image[/url]

Newgunguy
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Ruger SR9c
Savage FXP .22LR
2 Mosin Nagants

Postby bikiboki » Sun, 15 Jun 2014 00:22:47

Thanks for the info Mindflayer & trailrunner -- that's going to be quite a facility. :clap:

Bill
There are only three types of mistakes: Those you suffer from; those you learn from; and those you don't survive.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
bikiboki
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Nothing to see here.

Postby jgreiner » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:22:04

Mindflayer wrote:https://www.facebook.com/EliteShootingSports

Wow...that looks fantastic. And I thought the NRA range was nice...........
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.” – Benjamin Franklin

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
jgreiner
On Target
On Target

First Name: Jeff

My Arsenal:
S&W 1911 SC E Series Bobtail
S&W Model 66 4"
S&W M&P 9mm Pro
Ruger Mark 1
Marlin 39A
Winchester Model 67A
Winchester Model 37A
Ruger 10/22 Takedown

Next Firearm:
HD shotgun

Postby mbireley » Sun, 08 Feb 2015 21:27:23

Elite Shooting Sports is pretty rad!! 20 bucks for an hour. 10 for any additional person in a lane, up to 3 people can share a lane. The 100 yd range is nice too, has cameras and a monitor in each lane so you can see your target without having to bring it in after every shot.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
mbireley
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
OWN:
Remington 870 Express 12g Shotgun
Ruger GP100 .357 mag
Ruger LCP .380 Auto

WANT:
Tavor TAR-21
Colt 1911 (or other reputable manufacturer of the 1911)

Postby mbireley » Sun, 08 Feb 2015 21:29:07

Oh, and the range cards are good for life. When I went to Colonial Shooting Academy in VB (which is also super nice) their range cards are only good for a year.

mbireley
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
OWN:
Remington 870 Express 12g Shotgun
Ruger GP100 .357 mag
Ruger LCP .380 Auto

WANT:
Tavor TAR-21
Colt 1911 (or other reputable manufacturer of the 1911)

Postby alexr » Sat, 06 Jun 2015 20:50:34

I've been there twice now, once with my wife and her brother and once with my son.

Both times, I was impressed with the customer service and range setup. My BIL lives in NY and had never shot pistol and hadn't shot a rifle in 30+ years. The RSO kept an eye on us while I was running him through a basic pistol familiarization, but didn't hover and make him unnecessarily nervous.

All in all, everyone there seems to have been instructed that we are the customer and it's our choice to spend our $$ there (unlike the staff at BRA who seem to think they're doing you a favor by allowing you on their range).

alexr
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby flyingron » Sun, 07 Jun 2015 14:48:42

Yep, that's why even though I live right next to the BRA practicaly I never shoot there. I used to shoot at the NRA range until I found Elite and now I go there.

flyingron
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Ron

My Arsenal:
Sig Sauer P229 357 SIG/40 SW
Sig Sauer P250-SC-40
Dan Wesson Model 7 38 Special
Beretta U22 Neos (22 LR)
Ruger 10/22 Takedown
Remington 870 12g

Postby Mindflayer » Sun, 07 Jun 2015 20:07:16

I need to go out there. I have an AR15 build that's been sitting in the safe for almost 8 months that has not been fired, and I also have a hunting rifle to sight in....

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby N0VA » Sun, 15 Nov 2015 22:10:18

Hey folks its been over a year since I posted. Was killing time on the internet and just on a hunch I googled 'newest range Northern Virginia" and BINGO! Elite Shooting Sports pops up. So far, it sounds like everyone who's been there likes it. But the last post was from June. Has any one else been out there lately? I did the math based on the rates they post on their website and i looks like $470.00 first year annual membership and registration fee? Does anyone have an annual membership? Do you think its a good deal and how often do you go? I looked on their calendar and it looks like sometimes the 50 or 100 yard range is closed for a few hours.
Ignorance Is The Root Of All Evil

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
N0VA
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Dale

My Arsenal:
22, 30-06, .357, .380 auto, 9mm, 10mm, .45ACP, 44magnum, 12 gauge

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 15 Nov 2015 22:38:29

I go regularly... between 2 and 5 times a month.

I have a an annual membership for my son and myself. Its $35 a month. Very reasonable prices given the quality of the facility, the excellent customer service and pretty much unlimited range time.

The ranges are available for private rentals. They typically do it during the day, during the week, to ensure the members have access to the whole facility during peak hours (basically from 2:00 PM to close).

That can be a plus though. For commercial and private functions, their rates are great. However, I need private range time for full-auto fire. At haven't qualified for the 25 yard yet, so they shut one of the ranges down exclusively for me. I get a private rental on the 25 yard range for training and practice for free. It's included in my membership.

In general, I would say that Elite is the finest shooting facility I personally have ever been to.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby ShortMan » Wed, 18 Jul 2018 13:51:25

I am such a dumbass.

I heard about ESS but never got around to visiting before and I REALLY REALLY wish I had.
That place is friggin AWESOME!
Ultra modern, fancy-ass 21st century shooting range. Nice big store and cafe, very helpful staff, good range officers, LOADS of parking, and right here in freakin Manassas. Just a 12 minute drive for me.
I cannot believe I wasted the last four years bouncing around crappy ranges, trying to squeeze in a few rounds amongst trigger happy Fudd's and knuckleheads. I will be moving some time in the next year and it drives me crazy thinking I could have been going to ESS.

anyway, if you live anywhere near Northern Virginia I highly recommend you make a special trip to Manassas, go and see the place, and marvel at what a shooting range can be. You dont have to sign up for membership, but you should know what the inside looks like and how good the employees are.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
ShortMan
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Short

Postby ShortMan » Wed, 18 Jul 2018 13:57:59

I just realized in 4 years NOBODY actually posted a link on this forum:

http://www.eliteshootingsports.com/t-elite-shooting-sports-facilities.aspx

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
ShortMan
Sharp Shooter