Gunsmith in Fredericksburg area

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

Gunsmith in Fredericksburg area

Postby BigBird » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:26:50

I am trying to find information about gunsmiths in the Fredericksburg area. I understand that Gander Mtn has a gunsmith, but I would prefer to go to someone else locally if possible. I need to get some sights swapped out on a 1911.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
BigBird
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Re: Gunsmith in Fredericksburg area

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:34:41

Might check out SSG Tactical - https://www.ssgtactical.com/
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby wittmeba » Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:54:09

I don't know how handy you may be or what skill level is needed, but have you considered buying a sight pusher and do it yourself? I see them online for $50- and up. I do not know how universal they may be either but you might be able to offer this service to others with a small pusher. Just a thought.

http://www.midwayusa.com/sight-installa ... geNumber=2
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Sat, 17 Oct 2015 08:42:56

The one at old-town Fredericksburg near the train station has done pretty good for me. Their work appears quality, but they are slow - perhaps due to demand. The two jobs I had them do was a trigger-weight job (three weeks) and trigger replacement (two weeks). They claim some of the delay was due to the fact that they test fire the gun before releasing it back to the customer. Prices are fair.

Gunsmithingwithhonors.com
http://gunsmithingwithhonors.com
502 Sophia St.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
(Downtown - Across from Brocks)
540- 656-2827

Also found was:
Old Town Firearms
http://www.oldtownfirearms.com
602 William St #2C, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
(540) 645-5720
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Sat, 17 Oct 2015 15:05:41

One more I forgot: Ash Tactical - located off highway one near Purvis Ford. They do gunsmithing, although I've never used them. Have talked to them though, and they were knowledgable and nice.

http://www.ashtactical.com
540-860-0274 between 10am to 6pm EST.
Shop hours:
Monday – Friday: 10am – 6pm
Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Sunday: 11am- 4pm
Appointments available as well.
4733 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby lizjimbo » Mon, 26 Oct 2015 07:09:40

Ash tactical on route 1 near four mile fork do really good work and get it done pretty quickly. There are very good with the ar platform.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
lizjimbo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jim

My Arsenal:
ruger 40 and living room furniture to include a 42 inch plasma

ads

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews