Carlsons TruChoke 12ga SC Skeet ChokeTruChoke 12ga SC Skeet Choke
Carlsons
    Carlsons TruChoke 12ga SC IC ChokeTruChoke 12ga SC IC Choke
Carlsons
    Carlsons TruChoke 12ga SC Modified Choke TubeTruChoke 12ga SC Modified Choke Tube
Carlsons

Degoff's, Mechanicsville VA

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

Degoff's, Mechanicsville VA

Postby Username » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:03:30

A couple weeks ago I went to DeGoff's and after talking at great length with Wayne who was very helpful when I was deciding between a Heckler & Koch USP 45 / Smith & Wesson MP40 .40 S&W / Sig Sauer P239 .40 S&W.

I paid $600 for a MINT Sig P239, that came with three magazines, and three holsters (1 paddle, one leather "up and away" holster, and a paddle double magazine holster.

I eventually decided on the Sig, but Wayne helped me and explained the differences between the three, and allowed me to test the weight and feel in the store for over an hour.

The NICS system was down, so I put down a deposit and came back 2 days later (it was Sat.) on Monday and Wayne was there to finish the transaction. Everyone there seemed nice and helpful, which is something that as a twenty-something guy I normally don't get in gun stores.

I'll be doing all my gun shopping here in the future.

Username
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Dustin

My Arsenal:
Guns? I don't own any guns, I'm just addicted to forums. ;)

Re: Degoff's, Mechanicsville VA

Postby Vahunter » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:52:00

I did buisness with them when I lived in Mecanicsville and still do even after moving 100 miles away. :thumbsup: I remember when it opened back in the '70's

Vahunter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Henry

My Arsenal:
All my guns were lost in a tragic duck hunting accident when the boat over turned.

Postby Oldtimer » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 20:08:29

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
SWCA SWHF

Oldtimer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Roger

Postby Username » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 20:16:47

Oldtimer wrote::welcome: to the forum :wave:

Haha, who are you welcoming?

Username
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Dustin

My Arsenal:
Guns? I don't own any guns, I'm just addicted to forums. ;)

Postby Diomed » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 02:26:41

Vahunter wrote:I remember when it opened back in the '70's

My grandmother still had the receipt for a High Standard .22 she bought there back in the day!

I've never done any business with them. They were not interested in doing transfers, so I had no reason to patronize them - they had nothing else I couldn't get at Green Top or online.

Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Nah

Postby Photobiker » Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:44:48

Vahunter, do you remember when it was a little country store with a couple of gas pumps out front? Can't remember when they closed. Maybe 1976 or so. I worked in the white house across the street until we moved up to a new place on Hanover Green Drive.

Photobiker
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
CZs

Postby Vahunter » Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:58:36

Photobiker wrote:Vahunter, do you remember when it was a little country store with a couple of gas pumps out front? Can't remember when they closed. Maybe 1976 or so. I worked in the white house across the street until we moved up to a new place on Hanover Green Drive.

Yep I remember but I think it closed earlier than '76. I graduated from Lee Davis in '77 and sold the farm and moved away from Mechanicsville in '93. Got to populated for me so I moved to where there is nothing. :whistle:

Vahunter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Henry

My Arsenal:
All my guns were lost in a tragic duck hunting accident when the boat over turned.

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews