Blue Ridge Arsenal Winding Brook (Ashland) Closed

If you got a good deal or great service from a shop or range and you want to brag about them, here's the place to do it. Likewise, if you are unhappy about someone's service or feel like you've been ripped off, we want to know that too!

Blue Ridge Arsenal Winding Brook (Ashland) Closed

Postby allingeneral » Sat, 29 Jul 2017 09:33:39

Blue Ridge Arsenal statement on Facebook:

Blue Ridge Arsenal wrote:We are sorry to report that Blue Ridge Arsenal at our Winding Brook location is CLOSED at this time.

We are attempting to work out a solution with the landlord through our attorneys and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, we hope to have a resolution soon.

All monthly memberships will be frozen at this time. Annual members will be extended for the time we are closed. If you have a transfer, please have it sent to Green Top.

Please check back again soon for more updates and information as it comes in.

Thank you all for your patience,
Management

And on the Winding Brook page:
Blue RIdge Arsenal Winding Brook wrote:"We were in negotiations to sell the range when the landlord closed the doors. This is now going to be settled in court. All monthly memberships have been frozen. The annual memberships will be extended once the attorney's reach a settlement.
Attachments
BRA-windingbrook.jpg
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: Blue Ridge Arsenal Winding Brook (Ashland) Closed

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 29 Jul 2017 12:03:45

I've never been to that location. Are they like the one in Dulles? If so, it's got to suck when you have a ton of inventory in the store that may be worth more than the building and land.

I have to say, I was a member at the Dulles location for less than a year. I would say that 90% of my experience with them was a nightmare. Sales prices where high, the customer service sucked, their armoring / gunsmithing was worse than if I did work myself and all of the perks that I was supposed to get as a member were tossed out the window if they were "busy". One time, my life was jeopardized by a reckless discharge of a firearm, which did cause me injury. The staff and management refused to address it.

I can't imagine how they have stayed in business...

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Re: Blue Ridge Arsenal Winding Brook (Ashland) Closed

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:48:27

They're back open! The landlord found an FFL to be the firearms transactor, and reopened. Not a bad place with new RSO's, and such.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Return to Gun Shop/Range/Gunsmith Reviews