Coyotes ?

VGOF Calendar Import Calendar Entry (.ics) for this topic A place to trade stories, pictures and outings. If you're looking for a place to hunt, ask here. Please discuss camping here as well as anything else that you do during hunting season - preparations, scouting, etc.

Coyotes ?

Postby fiasconva » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 18:48:05

Question for you varmint hunters or wildlife people: I know coyotes have been in the western part of the state for a number of years. But does anyone know how far east they have been spotted? Sooner or later they will be all over the state and was just wondering.
Why wouldn't you hold up the targets for me? It's a 9mm.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
fiasconva
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Pat

Re: Coyotes ?

Postby GS78 » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:39:26

yeah but they aren't half as bad as the lion, tigers and bears....oh my... :whistle:
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'

"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell

GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Moccasin » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:27:52

fiasconva wrote:Question for you varmint hunters or wildlife people: I know coyotes have been in the western part of the state for a number of years. But does anyone know how far east they have been spotted? Sooner or later they will be all over the state and was just wondering.

DGIF says they are throughout Virginia now but more abundant west of the Blue Ridge. I have seen one near my house and my son has seen some near his, we both live in Madison county so they at least that far east. DGIF has a fact sheet located here.

Moccasin

Postby Vahunter » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:42:27

They are in every county, even the city of Richmond. Maybe they will eat some of the vermin there.

Vahunter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Henry

My Arsenal:
All my guns were lost in a tragic duck hunting accident when the boat over turned.

Postby zephyp » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:32:21

Vahunter wrote:They are in every county, even the city of Richmond. Maybe they will eat some of the vermin there.

Out west they eat liberals... :whistle:
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby Hephaestus » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 00:19:00

Hephaestus
On Target
On Target

First Name: Hep

Postby fiasconva » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:56:42

Vahunter, there aint' enough coyotes in VA to eat all that vermin. I guess we'll find out more about them here around Yorktown when people start missing their pets. Sure would be interesting hunting them I think.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
fiasconva
Marksman
Marksman

Postby fiasconva » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:57:34

They eat liberals???? They will eat anything, won't they? :whistle:

fiasconva
Marksman
Marksman

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:18:16

You don't see any 'yotes at the Beach, but we do have the occasional fox wander around our building. I see them on the security cameras sniffing around the doors.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby jadedone4 » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:25:41

... not hijacking the thread... but if you have pets beware of foxes and sarcoptic mange (i.e. "fox mange") German Shepherd has it and is on antihistimines; causes scratching and licking of "hot-spots;" we have 1-2 foxes over (the migratory geese and the eggs and lil ones are a buffet for them). If you have to deal wih the manage, try benadryl (PINK, no other versions) and dose appropriately by weight (GSD is 75lbs, so she gets 3-4 if need be).

.. just passing intel along to keep those who keep our homes safe... safe!

jadedone4
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: JadedOne

My Arsenal:
SIG P226-9mm
New England Firearms "Pardner" 12-gauge Shotgun
Savage Arms Stevens 512 O/U Shotgun in 12g

Next Firearm:
AR-15 (RRA)

Postby WildBill44 » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:28:27

We have an over abundance her in Lunenburg County. Too bad THEY won't get together for a m"Million Coyote March" on Washington, DC if they will in fact eat liberals! Heck, I'd even stop trying to shoot them in that case!

WildBill44
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
I used to have several, but they were stolen by a traveling band of Leprechauns! All I have left is a good strong club, a sharp knife and a tomahawk to hold off the barbarians!

Next Firearm:
M-2 .50 cal. MG

Postby BlueTiki » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:29:01

I live in Prince William county and work in the central area of the county on the outskirts of Quantico Marine Base. Our facility is a very large fenced in complex that butts right against the farthest north parts of the Base and I often see the Marines on exercises in the woods on the other side of the road.

I saw a coyote run across the parking lot and off into the trees one evening just as the sun was going down. Startled the heck outta me cause I had never seen one before.

So yes, they are working their way north. :ar:

BlueTiki
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Andy

My Arsenal:
Smith and Wesson M&P .40 cal

Postby graybeard321 » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:00:06

If coyotes eat liberals, lets get together for a round up and send a couple of dozen to congress.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
graybeard321
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: brent

My Arsenal:
Ruger gp100 357
Glock mod 35 40cal
Kimber tactical II custom
para ord 1911

Postby Palladin » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:35:04

fiasconva wrote:Question for you varmint hunters or wildlife people: I know coyotes have been in the western part of the state for a number of years. But does anyone know how far east they have been spotted? Sooner or later they will be all over the state and was just wondering.

+1 for yotes in Goochland and Louisa...
:sniper:
Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Glen

My Arsenal:
Wrist Rocket and a pocket full of 00buck...

Postby zephyp » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:03:09

zephyp wrote:Out west they eat liberals... :whistle:

Boy, a statement to haunt me - BUT I'm not sorry I said it. Maybe the tactic for us would be twofold. First, as wildbill indicated we wont shoot the yotes. Second, send a nice fluffy poodle to each of the liberals in congress - to draw them in... :hysterical:

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
My Favs:

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:45:05

With all the pork in Washington these days, a little bacon might just bring them.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby Vahunter » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:51:45

Soon as deer season goes out and I start predator hunting, I'll post a pic of a 'yote. I hope. :whistle:

Vahunter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Henry

My Arsenal:
All my guns were lost in a tragic duck hunting accident when the boat over turned.

Postby zephyp » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:55:56

OakRidgeStars wrote:With all the pork in Washington these days, a little bacon might just bring them.

Nah. We used to hunt them out in AZ. They love little squishy things. Hook up an electronic dying rabbit call and sit back. You could see them coming in on your position from all directions. Take your pick. Shoot them at 400 yards to test your skill or wait until they were close. The cattle ranchers loved us. Here in VA its tough to get someone to let you hunt your property. Out there all you had to do was knock on a rancher's door with a rifle slung and ask "excuse me sir, have you seen any coyotes today?" :hysterical:

Soooo...moseying along your thinking maybe we should send them each a squealing baby piglet.

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
My Favs:

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby WildBill44 » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:45:58

Of course I knew you were puttin' us on about coyotes eating liberals out west.....'cause the left coast is the lair of such liberal trash as Nancy Pelosi, and neighboring Nevada has scum ball Harry Reid!

WildBill44
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
I used to have several, but they were stolen by a traveling band of Leprechauns! All I have left is a good strong club, a sharp knife and a tomahawk to hold off the barbarians!

Next Firearm:
M-2 .50 cal. MG

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:53:33

Which proves that there are some things even a coyote won't touch

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Next

ads

Return to Hunting in Virginia