Springfield Armory XD .45 Mag well wiggle

Handgun discussions - Handgun ammunition selection, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your handgun.

Springfield Armory XD .45 Mag well wiggle

Postby Reverenddel » Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:42:52

Okay, so I have four separate mags for the S/A XD .45 Tactical.

Every last one of them wiggled in the mag well, full or empty.

Went to GreenTop last night, they had the exact same pistol, NEWER... no wiggle in the mag well.

I had heard it was "normal", but it has bothered me so badly, I rarely shot the damned thing. After last night, I called Springfield Armory, Grace said "That's normal, some rattle, some don't, I get a few calls a week on it."

Okay. THEY are accepting it as "normal", but why would SOME wiggle, and some DO NOT!?!? That means somewhere down the line, QA is faulty. Um... D'hell?

So after that conversation, I went to the War Store over off Gaskins, and looked at an FN .45 Tactical. Triple the price, but you can visually, and physically, KNOW where that extra went into the pistol.

However, back to "Wiggles" (as I have named it), I took Gorilla Tape (Electrical size, black), took a small piece towards the mag plate, then covered it with a medium piece so the mag well would not catch it.

15 minutes later, 4 mags, no wiggle.

Still effin hate that they say that's "Normal", and I hate the fact that it has "tape" in a gun that I've maybe shot 300 rounds out of it in 3 years? 4 Years?

(shakes head) Sig Sauer 227 is looking good as well.

But DAMN! You'd think with S/A' s reputation being "spectacular", they would have put SOME effort into a fix in SOME way!?

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Re: Springfield Armory XD .45 Mag well wiggle

Postby Palladin » Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:05:04

I asked Yoda, an' he said "A Kimber it is not." Then he snorted at your 100 rds per year and said...A safe queen it is not - you should be putting 300 rds a week through it, then you would grudgingly come to admire its extreme combat utility.
:friends:
Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Glen

My Arsenal:
Wrist Rocket and a pocket full of 00buck...

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 02 Nov 2015 00:49:10

Couldn't get past the wiggle, brotha...

Till this weekend.

Taking the "wiggle" out? 21 rounds outta 21 rounds in a 4" paper plate at 10 yards off-hand with Nasty Tula ammo.

yeah, We're gonna "play" with this gun a bit more. See what we can see. Maybe work the "Wiggle" out.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Palladin » Tue, 03 Nov 2015 20:00:32

Only thing more fun than an 45 XD Tac is two of them. :pistol: :pistol:

The tones you can generate by the two muzzle blasts being slightly out of phase is interesting to say the least.
Just wish ammo wasn't so pricey...

I like your tape fix.
Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Glen

My Arsenal:
Wrist Rocket and a pocket full of 00buck...

Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to Handguns/Pistols