seeking input

Handgun discussions - Handgun ammunition selection, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your handgun.

seeking input

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 08 May 2015 16:18:17

Friend with an FFL is trying to make up an order for a certain number of colt pistols to buy in to qualify for dealer status. Good discounts right now for that purpose.

I've already got an order in for a Colt M45 1911 and told them I'd take a Mustang. Any opinions on what colt pistols a feller really needs at a substantial discount? Don't say 1911 Gold Cup Trophy Match. Been there, done that.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Re: seeking input

Postby grumpyMSG » Fri, 08 May 2015 20:00:22

dorminWS, are you single handedly trying to save that Connecticut company? For years they didn't want anything to do with the civilian market and given the opportunity they would go back to the sole vendor protected racket they had with the M4. FN out of South Carolina and few others finally got that monopoly broken up and now they are hurting again, because they ignored the public and sat out the boom for the last few years.
You just have to ask yourself, is he telling you the truth based on knowledge and experience or spreading internet myths?

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
grumpyMSG
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Greg

My Arsenal:
Several Classics, ARs and a few Pistols

Next Firearm:
It'll ask to come home with me...

Postby dorminWS » Sat, 09 May 2015 09:25:53

Nope, just trying to take advantage of an opportunity and wondering if one of y'all know about a goodie that I don't.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby Chasbo00 » Sat, 09 May 2015 16:00:29

If I were buying a Colt pistol, I would get one of these:

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/Ser ... 84%A2.aspx
Competition is one of the "great levelers" of ego.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Chasbo00
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Charlie

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 11 May 2015 09:36:41

Yeah, Agreeing on the Series 70... the Ruger 1911 was based on that one... Like the simplicity of it.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby Oakes » Sun, 17 May 2015 20:54:15

Think I paid $360 for my 70 in 1981 new

Oakes
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby CCFan » Sun, 17 May 2015 21:19:39

Is your friend still ordering? :-) Been looking for a custom shop SAA blued, color case hardened, with wood grips... In .32-20...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Resistance to Tyranny is Obedience to God.

CCFan
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: none

ads

Return to Handguns/Pistols