New gun for the Lady

Handgun discussions - Handgun ammunition selection, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your handgun.

Re: New gun for the Lady

Postby WRW » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:22:39

That wound channel is elastic, making it a temporary channel. I haven't found anywhere that claims that the permanent channel is increased, other than by tumbling and that approximates hollow point performance.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby Chasbo00 » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:11:11

Wonder why neither the FBI nor any other large outfits that robustly test terminal ballistics are not jumping on the ARX or other boutique bullets? Could it be because they are mainly solid-state snake oil products?
Competition is one of the "great levelers" of ego.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Chasbo00
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Charlie

Postby FiremanBob » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:07:22

Look, I'm not trying to make anyone like anything. The tests I have seen are quite favorable. The main positive feature of ARX is the reduced recoil due to the light bullet. Its terminal ballistic performance seems to equal most hollowpoints.

I personally tested a boxful and found recoil to be markedly less than comparable lead ammo in small-frame pistols. I recommend it to purchasers of small and pocket-size pistols in .380 and 9mm, which tend to have rather nasty recoil characteristics. Customers who have tried both are returning to buy more ARX.

The homedefensegun blog review is tainted by comparing a pistol round to a rifle round. No handgun round has the performance of a high-speed rifle round.

I am planning to video a terminal ballistics comparison test using out-of-date roasts when I get a chance to schedule range time for it.
Author of The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22
1022Companion.com
Project Appleseed Instructor

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member  
FiremanBob
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Bob

Previous

ads

Return to Handguns/Pistols