need kicker

Handgun discussions - Handgun ammunition selection, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your handgun.

need kicker

Postby ChaplainPaul » Wed, 08 Jun 2016 12:34:03

Hello Everyone,
I recently bought a Virginia Dragoon 44 mag that was not working. I took it to a local gunsmith here in Russellville AR. He said that the gun had a broken "kicker" and he did not have one and had not been able to find one; so I thought I would ask if anyone out there knew where I could get one. I might even be open to buying a parts gun if it had a usable kicker and the price was not to high. I can be reached at: chaplain.northcut@gmail.com or you can call 479-264-6146. Thank you all for reading this. God bless you and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Chaplain Paul Northcut

ChaplainPaul
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
Virginian Dragoon 44 mag

Re: need kicker

Postby louisaguns » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 10:57:34

What is a "kicker"? Are you talking about the "hand" that turns the cylinder? Is it worn or is it broken? Either way, a decent welder should be able to MIG or TIG weld where necessary and allow the gunsmith to refit the part. Heat treating would be necessary after welding to ensure the part doesn't wear prematurely.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
louisaguns
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
My safe is not full enough.

Postby bali » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 08:08:19

I''d avoid THAT "smith" like the plague that he IS.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Ironbear » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 09:28:32

bali wrote:I''d avoid THAT "smith" like the plague that he IS.

Your reasoning?
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby bali » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 17:51:43

there's no such THING as a "kicker" as a revolver part. If he's that ignorant, he's likely to do anything, to anybody's gun.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby SHMIV » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 18:39:57

I wonder, though, if "kicker" is a slang term in the local vernacular.

It is possible, of course, that a "kicker" is similar to "muffler bearings".

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby bali » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 20:23:04

sure as hell not worth risking your gun to find out.

bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Return to Handguns/Pistols