Just got a price on the AF2011-A1 Double Barrel 1911 Pistol

Handgun discussions - Handgun ammunition selection, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your handgun.

Just got a price on the AF2011-A1 Double Barrel 1911 Pistol

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:04:11

Stainless with rubber grips is about $4 grand.
Blued with walnut grips is a few hundred bucks less.

On the one hand, it seems like a shame to put rubber grips on that purdy stainless peestola; but on the other hand, if ever a feller NEEDED a rubber grip on a 1911 it would be on the one that fires two rounds of .45 ACP simultaneously, I reckon.

Err... was anybody out there wondering what to get me for my birthday?

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products ... rel-pistol
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Re: Just got a price on the AF2011-A1 Double Barrel 1911 Pistol

Postby GeneFrenkle » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:09:08

Hmmm.... If each side was limited to 7 rounds, you'd still have 14 rounds going down range. A way for NY to get around the 7 rounds/mag?

It'd be a pain to IWB, though.
And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!

GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:24:33

GeneFrenkle wrote:Hmmm.... If each side was limited to 7 rounds, you'd still have 14 rounds going down range. A way for NY to get around the 7 rounds/mag?

It'd be a pain to IWB, though.

:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
THAT would depend on your "overhang". Sad to say I could put that 3.5 inches or so in the shade with NO problem. :whistle:
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:

Postby OakRidgeStars » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:26:31

They should send one to Dianne Feinstein just to make her crap her Depends :hysterical:

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:35:32

OakRidgeStars wrote:They should send one to Dianne Feinstein just to make her crap her Depends :hysterical:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But how would they know how much to take back out of the diaper?????

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby GeneFrenkle » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:37:20

She reminds me of Aughra from The Dark Crystal.
And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!

GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Reverenddel » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:41:23

GENE! You just ruined that movie for me forever! Daggone!

I said expletives when I saw the price on that thing... For that money? You could double fist a couple of decent S/A 1911's! Think I would rather go that route

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:03:08

Reverenddel wrote:GENE! You just ruined that movie for me forever! Daggone!

I said expletives when I saw the price on that thing... For that money? You could double fist a couple of decent S/A 1911's! Think I would rather go that route

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So...... does that mean that when I pass the hat you ain't gonna ante up? IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, DAMMIT!

Of course, I've got an idee that my best friend might buy one.............. :roll:

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:41:07

This doppelganger might not be quite the beast some people assume it will be. It weighs 65.2 ounces. A Colt Gold Cup Trophy weighs 37 ounces. The AF2011-A1 fires 2 rounds at the same time, and so it weighs 35.6 ounces (1/2 of 65.2 ounces) for each .45ACP round it fires, which is functionally the same as the 37 ounces per round fired by the Gold Cup. The recoil therefore ought to be substantially the same as most any other 1911. The pistol is 50mm, or 1 and 31/32 wide. A normal 1911 is about 1 and 3/8 inches wide. So it’s 19/32nds, or a little less than six tenths of an inch wider. A little fat for somebody who is used to single-stack 1911s, but manageable, I think. And by that I mean you could control it well enough to take it to the rancge, not that it should become your everyday carry.

You can get a HOLSTER for it for $150 or so. WTF, you may well ask, do you need with a holster for such a monstrosity? Well, if you had one of these, could you really pass up a chance to throw in a few more chips and buy the holster just so you could strap it on and go to the next VCDL Legislative Day or VGOF shoot and greet? And, of course, it would ride on your opposite side from your .50AE Desert Eagle and sort of balance you out. :clap:

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby GeneFrenkle » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:41:08

So it's more or less about as thick as a doublestack. 45 like a h&k usp tactical?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 17:06:02

GeneFrenkle wrote:So it's more or less about as thick as a doublestack. 45 like a h&k usp tactical?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not sure exactly what the comparison is, although I know the magazine is wider than a double stack because it is basically 2 1911 mags welded together side-by-side.

Assuming "overall width" is the width of the grip, the AF 2011-A1 is 50mm, or 1.9685 inches wide. The H&K usp tactical is, according to the H&K website at
http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspt_specs.asp ,
is 1.26 inches wide. That would mean the AF2011-A1 would be about 11/16th wider than the H&K. That seems wrong, because the standard 1911 I measured was 1 and 6/16th wide, which would mean the H&K is only about 1/8" wider than a standard 1911. My instinct is that you are pretty close to correct; but the numbers don't completely jive. Could be because the grip isn't always the widest part of a 1911 (or that it is not on the H&K); although it looks that way to me on a 1911. Could also be that some grips are shorter on the fore-and-aft dimension, which would help you get your hand around the grip even though it was wider. Can't wait to hold one and see - if I ever get to do it.

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Return to Handguns/Pistols