GOA Alert: Pro-gun Nullification Bill Coming up on Monday

GOA Alert: Pro-gun Nullification Bill Coming up on Monday

Postby Taggure » Sun, 19 Jan 2014 11:45:55

Gun Owners of America
We need gun owners from all over the state to start contacting their delegates -- especially the members of the Courts of Justice Committee.
HB 43 would bar any officer or employee of Virginia or any Virginia subdivision from enforcing:

* any new Obama gun ban;
* any new Obama magazine ban; or
* any new Obama gun registration scheme.
In our nation’s capital, the President is writing laws with the stroke of his pen. He’s issued dozens of Executive Actions on guns -- and just recently, he UNILATERALY began to repeal the HIPAA privacy laws that protect gun owners.
This means that tens of millions of Americans could lose their gun rights without a court order. This includes police and firemen with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ... adults who in their youth were diagnosed with ADHD ... and, potentially, even individuals who are currently taking anxiety medications!
Given the anti-gun (and unconstitutional) agenda this President is pushing, it is imperative that our legislators in Virginia step up to protect our rights.
Alexander Hamilton said in Federalist Paper 28 that it’s the State governments that will “afford complete security against invasions of the public liberty by the national authority.”
This is exactly what Del. Marshall is trying to do and is precisely the reason we need to garner as much support for HB 43 as possible.
ACTION: Contact your Delegate -- and, especially, the members of the Courts of Justice Committee -- and ask him to support House Bill 43. (See the CONTACT information below.) Please distribute this email to your pro-gun friends and family as well.
STATUS: HB 43 will come up in the Criminal Law Subcommittee -- probably, sometime after 4 pm on Monday. It still never hurts, however, to begin contacting not only the full committee, but the entire House as well.
----- Pre-written letter -----
Dear Delegate:
I urge you to support House Bill 43, sponsored by Delegate Bob Marshall. This bill would bar any officer or employee of Virginia or any Virginia subdivision from enforcing:

* any new Obama gun ban;
* any new Obama magazine ban; or
* any new Obama gun registration scheme.
In our nation’s capital, the President is writing laws with the stroke of his pen. He’s issued dozens of Executive Actions on guns -- and just recently, he UNILATERALY began to repeal the HIPAA privacy laws that protect gun owners.
This means that tens of millions of Americans could lose their gun rights without a court order. This includes police and firemen with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ... adults who in their youth were diagnosed with ADHD ... and, potentially, even individuals who are currently taking anxiety medications!
Given the anti-gun (and unconstitutional) agenda this President is pushing, it is imperative that Virginia protect my rights.
Alexander Hamilton said in Federalist Paper 28 that it’s the State governments that will “afford complete security against invasions of the public liberty by the national authority.”
That is precisely what HB 43 will do, so please lend your support to this bill.
Sincerely,
--------------------------------

HOW TO CONTACT YOUR DELEGATE:
To identify and contact your delegate, go to http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform and enter your address in the form provided. When the results display, clicking on the "More about" link will lead you to your delegate's e-mail address.
HOW TO CONTACT MEMBERS OF THE COURTS OF JUSTICE COMMITTEE:
Albo, David B. (Chair) 698-1042 DelDAlbo@house.virginia.gov
Bell, Robert B. (Vice Chair)698-1058 DelRBell@house.virginia.gov
Campbell, Jeffrey L. 698-1006 DelJCampbell@house.virginia.gov
Chafin, A. Benton, Jr. 698-1004 DelBChafin@house.virginia.gov
Cline, Benjamin L. 698-1024 DelBCline@house.virginia.gov
Gilbert, C. Todd 698-1015 DelTGilbert@house.virginia.gov
Habeeb, Gregory D. 698-1008 DelGHabeeb@house.virginia.gov
Herring, Charniele L. 698-1046 DelCHerring@house.virginia.gov
Hope, Patrick A. 698-1047 DelPHope@house.virginia.gov
Keam, Mark L. 698-1035 DelMKeam@house.virginia.gov
Kilgore, Terry G. 698-1001 DelTKilgore@house.virginia.gov
Leftwich, James A., Jr. 698-1078 DelJLeftwich@house.virginia.gov
Loupassi, G. M. (Manoli)698-1068 DelMLoupassi@house.virginia.gov
Mason, T. Montgomery 698-1093 DelMMason@house.virginia.gov
McClellan, Jennifer L. 698-1071 DelJMcClellan@house.virginia.gov
Miller, Jackson H. 698-1050 DelJMiller@house.virginia.gov
Minchew, Randy 698-1010 DelRMinchew@house.virginia.gov
Morris, Richard L. 698-1064 DelRMorris@house.virginia.gov
Toscano, David J. 698-1057 DelDToscano@house.virginia.gov
Villanueva, Ronald A. 698-1021 DelRVillanueva@house.virginia.gov

(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Re: GOA Alert: Pro-gun Nullification Bill Coming up on Monday

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 20 Jan 2014 02:31:31

I sent my delegate a personalized message. For those interested...

Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 1:26 AM
To: 'DelSLingamfelter@house.virginia.gov'
Subject: Please Support HOUSE BILL NO. 43

Delegate Lingamfelter,
It was a pleasure meeting you this past summer. I’m glad to see you are working to make things happen for the people of Virginia. This is my first time contacting you in your office. I would have hoped it would not be under circumstance of needing to stress the need for your support. However, I do want to make sure that you hear from as many people as possible with regard to House Bill 43.

It is with a heavy heart that regularly I witness the President of The United States immorally misusing his authority, acting outside of the scope of his authority or leverage party committees to push unlawful legislation not wanted by the people. Regardless of my personal feeling on firearms laws and the need to protect the Second Amendment rights of the people, it is much more important that the leaders in the Executive branch and on Federal Hill realize that there is a right way and a wrong way to get the will of the people accomplished. Mr. Obama ruling via executive fiat in a manner not conducive to the natural rights of the people and not in accordance with the Constitution and our laws is not the right way.

I am among the few that have taken an oath to defend the Constitution, the President and the People of this great country of ours. As much as I admire and respect the Executive Office of the President and will defend him with my life, that doesn’t mean I have to agree with his politics. Today is one of the days when I do not.

Please make every effort to endorse this Bill and others like it. It is imperative that the Commonwealth of Virginia leverages its individual state sovereignty to protect its citizens from unlawful or unwarranted directives and legislature cascading from the Federal level.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if needed. Thank you for your time and considerations.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

ads

Return to Gun Owners of America (GOA) Newsletters and Alerts