Mecgar 1911 .45 ACP 7 Standard Blue1911 .45 ACP 7 Standard Blue
Mecgar
    Mecgar 1911 .45 ACP 7 Standard Nickel1911 .45 ACP 7 Standard Nickel
Mecgar
    Mecgar 1911 - Plastic FP 45ACP 8HiCap Nk1911 - Plastic FP 45ACP 8HiCap Nk
Mecgar

If you ever had a doubt...

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

If you ever had a doubt...

Postby mk4 » Sat, 12 May 2012 21:53:08

...that NYC was a police-state: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/07/st ... criticism/

“Stop and Frisks are a necessary evil,” said Ed Mullins, president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association, an NYPD union. “A lot of times it’s hard for the general public to understand.”

The issue shouldn’t be people being stopped,” Mullins said. “It should be the frequency in which it happens.”

Getting guns off the street and saving lives trumps many of the concerns of the policy’s critics, said City Councilman Peter Vallone.

“I think Commissioner Kelly summed it up best at our last committee hearing. What alternative do you propose?,” said Vallone, who represents Astoria, Queens, and also serves as the chair of the Council’s Public Safety Committee. “No one has an alternative on how to get guns off our streets. What do we do? Wait until a shooting happens or do we try to prevent it?

“We had 800 guns removed from the streets last year. Do you know how many lives that saves?”

Vallone also dismisses claims that an arrest rate of 12 percent is too low to consider the practice of Stop, Question and Frisk effective.

“That rate makes absolute sense when it comes to stop and frisk. The stops are based on reasonable suspicion, not probable cause. It would be impossible to get higher numbers based on this,” Vallone said.

(italics added for emphasis. who needs a constitution and a bill of right?!? :roll:)

anyone remember the movie: Escape from New York? best idea i ever heard... put a wall around the city and toss all the crooks there and let 'em do whatever they want to each other, then the rest of us don't hafta worry about 'em. oh, and bloomy and all his cronies get to stay there, too.
“For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
mk4
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: mk4

My Arsenal:
...was the victim of a tragic boating accident.

Re: If you ever had a doubt...

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 14 May 2012 09:53:41

The "Terry Stop", and "Chimel Wing Span Search" along with the "License's Check Stops" feel very Nazi-ish to me.

"Papahs! Ver are yur Papahs!" :whistle:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 14 May 2012 10:04:57

Sad but true that government will, sooner or later, abuse any power granted to it. Just look what they've done with taxing and spending. We've gone from the whiskey rebellion, where there was armed insurrection over a tax on whiskey to the openly expressed attitude by government that it's their money and they'tre letting us keep too much of it.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby davasmith » Wed, 16 May 2012 19:17:14

Ummm yeah, that's what I've been saying............ Hearing aids anyone.............anyone?...........

davasmith
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Joshua

My Arsenal:
A sharp wit, and a big stick.... shhhh...

Next Firearm:
Class 3 Form 4 ???

Return to General Discussion