Hornady Neck Size Die 30 Caliber (.308)Neck Size Die 30 Caliber (.308)
Hornady
    Hornady Neck Size Die 7MM (.284)Neck Size Die 7MM (.284)
Hornady
    Hornady Neck Size Die 270 MAG (.277)Neck Size Die 270 MAG (.277)
Hornady

where do kids get these ideas?!!?

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

where do kids get these ideas?!!?

Postby mk4 » Sat, 17 Mar 2012 00:10:01

seems they're getting younger and younger! >_<

http://www.wcyb.com/news/30697057/detail.html

Students Arrested After Gun Found At Elementary School

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. -- An apparent murder plot is behind the arrests of two fifth grade students in Washington County, Virginia.
“For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
mk4
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: mk4

My Arsenal:
...was the victim of a tragic boating accident.

Re: where do kids get these ideas?!!?

Postby skeeterss0 » Sat, 17 Mar 2012 09:38:37

They learn from news stories of older folk doing it, and they learn from movies and television. Youngsters want to be like grown ups.
USMC 1981-2001 Semper Fi

US Constitution
Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
skeeterss0
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
working on it

Next Firearm:
not sure, revolver or 20 gauge shotty

Postby sigster » Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:29:34

It's amazing how much things have changed in just a few short decades. I grew up in and around Charlottesville in the 60's and early 70's. Friday and saturday nights were spent cruising main and water streets and hanging out at the caravan or the humpty dumpty .

The excitement of the night was watching the fights at the amory hall dances. There were no "hard" drugs, no gun fights, no gangs, etc. like we have today. I think the biggest problem is no parent involvement like it was back in my day and when it is, it's in a negative way.

I remember having a few too many drinks when I was about 16 and one of the local LE called my dad and had him come pick me up. I remember my dad telling me to give my soul to god and my blood to the red cross but my ass was his. I can still feel that one. :whistle:

sigster
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Bobby

My Arsenal:
pointy stick and a big rock

Postby BW1911 » Sun, 18 Mar 2012 08:01:33

danged video games and Hollywood movies... ultra violent, no real lasting after effects or consequences... and kids play like they train.

BW1911
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Mongo

Postby meak99 » Sun, 18 Mar 2012 08:44:48

sigster wrote: I can still feel that one. :whistle:

There you go. Lack of proper discipline in today's society. Look at your kid the wrong way these days and your neighbor calls CPS (when they should really be minding their own business and raising their own kids). Kids need to make mistakes and learn from them, but without the discipline, they just do bigger and badder things the next time because they know they're going to get away with it.

meak99
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Matt

Postby Reverenddel » Sun, 18 Mar 2012 09:43:10

Agreed, it's a lack of parental involvement. To add something else to the mix (and discussion), I also think it's a lack of future. When growing up, you see that those in charge spend your future for their present, you get a disconnect.

When the guv'mint is spending like you don't matter, when some parents are more worried about their second home/car than the kids education, when society create laws protecting child predators more than the child...

Yeah, I can total see why kids would say "Whatever", and flip that switch.

I see it with recent college grads that in almost a year they cannot get starter positions in companies, apartments are ridiculous because grown adults walked away from homes that were underwater, and the dollar is a joke heard 'round the world.

I'm still a conservative libertarian, but I understand some of the stuff that the kids are saying... (shrugs) Of course, we grew up with the threat of nuclear war, rapid inflation, two presidents (Nixon/Clinton) who were busted hard core in office, and a gas crisis.

Dunno, maybe helping to raise three kids, I don't feel good about their future, and I'm trying to "toughen" them up to prepare them for anything that comes ahead.

Is this the part where I grab the chainlink fence, and scream "AVENGE ME BOYS! AAAVVEEENNNGGEEE MEEE!" ala' "Red Dawn"?

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Return to General Discussion