Allen Cases Endura Earth Tone Hand Gun CaseEndura Earth Tone Hand Gun Case
Allen Cases
    Allen Cases Turkey Tail Mount Kit Hardwood PlaqueTurkey Tail Mount Kit Hardwood Plaque
Allen Cases
    Allen Cases Yukon Neoprene Rifle Sling MOBUYukon Neoprene Rifle Sling MOBU
Allen Cases

What do you think of this? gundeals.org

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: What do you think of this? gundeals.org

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:01:34

Chingon wrote:Hopefully this goes farther than Armslist.

I've seen a lot of complaints about ArmsList - one of the main ones is that old ads don't get responded to, and that turns people off from contacting sellers. Right now, I have www.GunDeals.org set up to remove ads when they reach 100 days of age, however, I may change this to something shorter after we get a few listings going.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby zombiekiller57 » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:16:07

It looks good. I look forward to following its growth. I reposted to http://www.glockforum.net to let others know and to spread the word.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
zombiekiller57
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Tim

My Arsenal:
Supersoaker Shotblast w/scope
Supersoaker Sniper
Supersoaker Claymore 10 pack

Next Firearm:
Supersoaker Anti-Aircraft Missles

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:30:00

zombiekiller57 wrote:It looks good. I look forward to following its growth. I reposted to http://www.glockforum.net to let others know and to spread the word.

Definitely appreciate that, Tim. Would also appreciate anyone else who frequents other forums to help get the word out. Thanks for your support!

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby Taggure » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:12:30

Hey Rick I like the site I just wished i would have seen the SKS up there quicker as I would have so had that in my gun locker as I am looking for a cheap one like that.
Just a thought about the site how about a Service Section for Recommended Gunsmithing Services or Guide services for hunts. Who knows I always wanted to go on a big horn sheep hunt. just a thought.

Vern
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:17:07

Taggure wrote:Hey Rick I like the site I just wished i would have seen the SKS up there quicker as I would have so had that in my gun locker as I am looking for a cheap one like that.
Just a thought about the site how about a Service Section for Recommended Gunsmithing Services or Guide services for hunts. Who knows I always wanted to go on a big horn sheep hunt. just a thought.

Vern

I like your thoughts. I'll consider it.

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:43:44

Added "Services"

Services
Gunsmithing (0)
Hunting Guides (0)
NFA Trusts (0)
Legal Services (0)

Also added city links at the top when you select a state - hopefully makes navigation a little easier.

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby Diomed » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:39:09

allingeneral wrote:Right now, I have http://www.GunDeals.org set up to remove ads when they reach 100 days of age, however, I may change this to something shorter after we get a few listings going.

Keeping the old completed ads around does provide a service, but I can see where that would be a burden on your system resources (especially if there's no way to make it an inactive, archive-only page).

Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Nah

Postby allingeneral » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 06:54:50

Diomed wrote:
allingeneral wrote:Right now, I have http://www.GunDeals.org set up to remove ads when they reach 100 days of age, however, I may change this to something shorter after we get a few listings going.

Keeping the old completed ads around does provide a service, but I can see where that would be a burden on your system resources (especially if there's no way to make it an inactive, archive-only page).

Well - one thing that it does is provide Search Engine fodder...more links into the site -- more traffic, etc. I may go the "disable" route instead of completely removing them. We'll have to see how it goes 100 or so days from now.

System resources, I'm not so concerned about. It's a pretty light application - especially in comparison to VGOF!

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby mamabearCali » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:49:21

looks good. I will be keeping my eye on it as I get closer to being able to buy a shotty.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby allingeneral » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:50:32

*bump*

This is worth looking at! I have added an RSS feed to the right side of VGOF with Virginia's latest postings.

I also added a link in the VGOF Marketplace when you go to post something for sale here, be sure to click the link and post it on http://GunDeals.org as well!

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby Taggure » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 20:29:08

Hey Rick in the Virginia area can you put a NoVa selection so it covers PW, Fairfax, and Arlington counties. I want to post my Tapco stock for the SKS but your option of Fredrickburg or Winchester is quite a distance

Vern
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby allingeneral » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 21:34:56

Taggure wrote:Hey Rick in the Virginia area can you put a NoVa selection so it covers PW, Fairfax, and Arlington counties. I want to post my Tapco stock for the SKS but your option of Fredrickburg or Winchester is quite a distance

Vern

Use District of Columbia? Or you want to go ahead and differentiate NOVA from the crazies in DC? Might be fun to post an SKS stock under DC :)

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby Kreutz » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 06:29:24

When I posted pics they were too big, not sure if it told me the maximum size, if it did I didn't notice, and if it doesn't thats a good place to do it, right after posting them.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby allingeneral » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:55:49

Kreutz wrote:When I posted pics they were too big, not sure if it told me the maximum size, if it did I didn't notice, and if it doesn't thats a good place to do it, right after posting them.

Maximum filesize is 250k -- it says it in "hint" text which I have updated to stand out a little more.

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby papasan » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 13:26:45

haven't seen this mentioned before, but if i hit the site at night (like last night, a little after 10pm) all of the sections are empty. for instance, the VA handgun section had a (12) after it, but when I click on the link there was just the header and footer, no items listed. I've seen it half a dozen times but only at night. they all come back in the morning. maybe some sort of site maintenance?
beware the man with one gun, for he knows how to use it

papasan
On Target
On Target

First Name: Papasan

My Arsenal:
pew pew

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 13:38:51

papasan wrote: maybe some sort of site maintenance?

Sounds like the overnight server maintenance elves at work :dunno:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby allingeneral » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 13:39:37

papasan wrote:haven't seen this mentioned before, but if i hit the site at night (like last night, a little after 10pm) all of the sections are empty. for instance, the VA handgun section had a (12) after it, but when I click on the link there was just the header and footer, no items listed. I've seen it half a dozen times but only at night. they all come back in the morning. maybe some sort of site maintenance?

Sounds strange. Maybe you're zoomed into a city that has no posts? If you see this again, can you click the "gun deals home" link in the upper left and see how many listings it shows?

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22