VCDL Pres duped

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

VCDL Pres duped

Postby wittmeba » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 20:15:27

Anyone else see this? I'm sure the libs will get lots of miles out of this one. What an embarrassing shame -- poor Philip Van Cleave.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vi ... 837adcff49

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/07/ ... 00037.html
It is still a scary thought as to how close we came
to having Hillary Clinton as president of the USA.

A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Re: VCDL Pres duped

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 23:49:23

Why on God's green earth would he go along with that? :doh:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby jdonovan » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:24:42

When your the head of an org like this, you do a lot of interviews/media contacts. Sometimes you're a bit into the trap before you smell danger. He cut things short and left.

Shortly after the interview he put out notice to the CDL mailing list, that he had been setup by these folks and to be on the lookout for the upcoming release of the footage, that was about 4-6 months ago.

jdonovan
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby M1A4ME » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 07:48:59

Interview? Sure. As long as I can tape the conversation, too. No? I wonder why you cant to tape and I can't? Hmm. Maybe you're a crooked SOB.

I will be going on the internet to let people know about your request, our conversation and your fear that me having a tape of the interview will hurt your intent to revise/edit/alter the words we speak.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:29:18

1st rule of public relations: "VET YOUR INTERVIEWER AND THEIR ORG!"

If you cannot do this? You may want to challenge it. And indeed, have your OWN camera people there to record the same event.

In truth? The VCDL is a good organization, and needs to be "shook" a bit. They're an all volunteer org, but not having rotating memberships, or an elected board, is a bit much.

It's what I have right now. I'll keep it, but this will make the VCDL's positions more difficult in the G/A this January.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to General Discussion