The difference between a mugger and a politician

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

The difference between a mugger and a politician

Postby AlanM » Thu, 21 Jun 2018 05:56:04

Rather than posting copyrighted material, here's a link.
https://www.gocomics.com/andertoons/2018/06/21

For those of you that don't wish to click, it shows two wolves having coffee and one is saying,
"Sheep's clothing is fine, but if you really wanna eat, dress like a shepherd."
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC is a 1911

Re: The difference between a mugger and a politician

Postby Swampman » Mon, 25 Jun 2018 16:24:05

So that's the difference! :hysterical:
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Postby Ironbear » Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:49:37

AlanM wrote:For those of you that don't wish to click, it shows two wolves having coffee and one is saying,
"Sheep's clothing is fine, but if you really wanna eat, dress like a shepherd."

Made me think of "The Law" by Frédéric Bastiat. The difference between illegal plunder and legal plunder.

I guess this is as good a time for a plug as any. If you haven't read "The Law", it is well worth the couple of hours time. It was written in 1850, is freely available on the web. and It is fairly short. The author talks about the purpose of law and how legal authority tends toward giving itself a different set of laws to live by, and plunders those it rules. Significant writing.

I once lent a copy of it to a coworker... and three days later he had ordered a bulk pack of printed copies to hand out to family, friends and neighbors. My father always kept copies around the house too, to hand out to people.

You should read it, because it has been trending on Facebook and Twitter since 1850; and if you don't, you will suffer from the Fear Of Missing Out on what all the smart people are reading and talking about! :roll: ...... :hysterical:
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby AlanM » Wed, 27 Jun 2018 20:04:16

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC is a 1911

Postby Swampman » Thu, 28 Jun 2018 12:58:47

Read it once several years ago. Should dig it out and read it again. Very good book.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

ads

Return to General Discussion