Teen Drinking Is Down

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Teen Drinking Is Down

Postby SHMIV » Fri, 12 May 2017 23:08:10

According to Time, teens aren't drinking as much as they used to:

http://time.com/4776249/teen-drinking-l ... years-cdc/

I don't know that I would be inclined to give much weight to that, though. They referenced surveying the youth. I remember such surveys, when I was a teenager. I was given them to fill out, on more than one occasion.

Oh, I filled them out, as I was told. However, I lied. I know that I'm not the only one who has ever done so, either; these things were discussed, later. They were administered at school, and I did not believe that they were anonymous, as they told me. So, according to the survey that I turned in, I was a perfect angel. I wasn't about to possibly and inadvertently rat myself out. And, most of my peers were of the same mindset.

I'd say that catching untethered teens at the mall would be a better method of obtaining input (especially if you offer them money to do it), but do teens hang out at malls, anymore? Or have the malls, that still exist, put and end to that?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Re: Teen Drinking Is Down

Postby Newgunguy » Sat, 13 May 2017 12:59:03

These just remind me of those about liking or owning firearms and how many, it's none of your damn business! This is also another reason why I laugh when I see something from the anti-gun libotards in saying gun ownership is down, that is complete bull as I'm sure more people just keep it quiet today!

Charles.

[url="http://www.signaturebar.com/"]Image[/url]

Newgunguy
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Ruger SR9c
Savage FXP .22LR
2 Mosin Nagants

Postby Snakester » Sat, 13 May 2017 15:54:03

I do not believe anything Time reports. If teen drinking is down that is very good........It leaves MORE for us !!! :thumbsup:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Randy

My Arsenal:
I don't own any FireArms...Just here for "The Bonding"

Next Firearm:
No Plans to Purchase at this time!

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 15 May 2017 09:03:46

Newgunguy wrote:These just remind me of those about liking or owning firearms and how many, it's none of your damn business! This is also another reason why I laugh when I see something from the anti-gun libotards in saying gun ownership is down, that is complete bull as I'm sure more people just keep it quiet today!

Charles.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Exactly. I think most gun owners treat inquiries about whether/what kind/how many guns are owned by them the same way the democrats treat inquiries into voter fraud: DENY DENY DENY. Sorry, buddy; can't help ya, I'm deaf, dumb, blind and indifferent.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Return to General Discussion