Hornady Powder Bushing - 480Powder Bushing - 480
Hornady
    Hornady Powder Bushing - 432Powder Bushing - 432
Hornady
    Hornady Powder Bushing - 489Powder Bushing - 489
Hornady

Surtax on Ammo - Illinois

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Surtax on Ammo - Illinois

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:12:13

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/21/gun-rights-groups-decry-proposed-surtax-on-illinois-ammo-sales/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews

Those pesky gun owners need to foot the bill for the trauma occuring in the state! This will teach them.
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Re: Surtax on Ammo - Illinois

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:15:30

And what's to keep Ill. residents from crossing state lines to buy ammo?. Does customs check you at the border as you leave the United States of America to enter Ill.?.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby joeshmo » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 14:41:48

OakRidgeStars wrote:And what's to keep Ill. residents from crossing state lines to buy ammo?. Does customs check you at the border as you leave the United States of America to enter Ill.?.

Funny you mention that. A friend of mine drove into indiana to pick up some fireworks on the fourth and troopers pulled him over as soon as he crossed the line. Apparently they had undercovers sitting in the parking lot watching ppl buy.

ATF has been watching va tabacco shops in va and calling it into troopers or pulling over ppl themselves. Obviously the article is talking about huge suggling rings but taking more than 2 packs into maryland is a fellony!!. Watch the video on the link.... Same thing will happen.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/10/1 ... smuggling/

joeshmo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: what

My Arsenal:
I'll never tell

Next Firearm:
red rider bb gun

Postby VBshooter » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:12:43

As if we needed another reason to hate MD and all its chicken $hit ,communistic crapolla!
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:14:13

Another MD Fundraiser to keep their govt operating, relying on the destruction of their citizen's freedoms and wallets.
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby thekinetic » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:59:10

Are they going to tax the ups or fedex if say someone out of state sent to them ammo, or someone brigning ammo to them?

People don't think outside boxes because there are always loop holes!
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
thekinetic
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Error 404 Guns Not Found

Postby OakRidgeStars » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:20:03

Retailers won't ship ammo to Illinois without the buyer's FOIC info. The only way to get your ammo is a out of state road trip. Just don't get caught.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Return to General Discussion