Speeding ticket!

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: Speeding ticket!

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:28:07

MarionR wrote:I'm pretty sure that nobody relishes a speeding ticket, particularly having one showing up in the mail thanks to patrol airplane getting a bird's eye view of one's lead-footing. However, a number of states and cities are grounding airplane patrols, as a result of prohibitively high cost. You need to work on financing car that works for you.

Anyone else smell spam?
"God Almighty created simplicity. Complexity, inspired by the Great Deceiver, tends to be the province of men. " S. H. M., IV

I'm an American-American

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:29:55

A newbie from LA... yeah. No. Your CHP has a totally different mentality than VSP... I swear they have no idea that unless you're working a very rural area, and serve as back up to smaller departments your main job is to generate tax revenue... secondary, work accidents... finally, sit in the car with the lights on when road crews are working... :hysterical:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:32:59

They've been installing those red-light cameras down in the Tri-Cities just across the Tennessee line. Run a red light and they'll send you a citation in the mail with a picture of your vehicle in the act of committing the violation. I've had a couple arrive in the Company's mailbox. So they would somehow hold a corporation or LLC liable for a criminal violation. In order to avoid the hassle, I paid the fine - because it's cheaper that way.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby 0007dad » Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:52:48

Not trying to stir up trouble but if the sign says XX is the limit that's what I go by.
I've had one ticket in my life, about 1982.

0007dad
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby zerodown1 » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 06:54:22

By your own admission you were going 60 in a 45. On what basis would you fight it?. Do the right thing,take responsibility for it.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor basic pistol, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Recruiter
Beware of wolves in sheedogs clothing

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
zerodown1
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Sensai

My Arsenal:
All my gun were stolen. I did not file a police report.

Next Firearm:
Hello kitty bubble gun

Postby Kreutz » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:51:31

just show up and ask for a reduced charge, I got mine majorly reduced just for asking. Fine is the same though, they just raise the court costs to match whatever it was originally.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:57:11

You know? The speed limits were artificially lowered to create an environment to promote issuing tickets. Because most accidents occur at INTERSECTIONS, not HIGHWAYS!

And most accidents aren't... hang up/stop texting, drive the car.

And get outta the passing lane if you are NOT FRIGGIN' PASSING ANYTHING!

Doesn't matter what your opinion on another driver, it's NOT your driving record!

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Previous

Return to General Discussion