Hornady 38 Special by Hornady 38 Special, 158 Gr, JHP/XTP, (Per 25)38 Special by Hornady 38 Special, 158 Gr, JHP/XTP, (Per 25)
Hornady
    Hornady 357 Magnum by Hornady Critical Defense, 125gr (Per 25)357 Magnum by Hornady Critical Defense, 125gr (Per 25)
Hornady
    Hornady 357 Magnum by Hornady 357 Mag, 158 Gr, JHP/XTP, (Per 25)357 Magnum by Hornady 357 Mag, 158 Gr, JHP/XTP, (Per 25)
Hornady

Obama Flag

Obama Flag

Postby Wingandaprayer » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:07:38

A coworker sent me the link below to a story about the Democratic Party in Lake County, Florida flying a flag with Obama’s face on it. For some reason, unknown to those that put up the flag, folks got upset. Imagine that! I don't blame the POTUS (at least not directly) for this, but it sure does give you insite into the mentality of the Democratice Party.

By the way, at the end of the story on MSNBC (the site that comes up first using a Google search) it states “Conservatives took to social media to decry the flag, a reproduction of which is selling on ebay for $27.” So I take it that, only Conservatives (however you choose to define that) have a problem the desecrating the U.S. flag. Which I figure means MSNBC is ok with it.

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/52889

Wingandaprayer
On Target
On Target

First Name: Paul

Re: Obama Flag

Postby dorminWS » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:12:10

The democrats are probably mad about it because they see it as a desecration of Obama's image.

...............But I'll take a case of those if they'll print them on toilet paper.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby OleMan » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:46:15

dorminWS wrote:The democrats are probably mad about it because they see it as a desecration of Obama's image.

...............But I'll take a case of those if they'll print them on toilet paper.

Be a good conversation piece - but using it would prolly give you a bad case of piles and buyer's remorse.

:wave:
I Love This Country! It's The Government That Scares The Hell Outta Me!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
OleMan
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Oleman

My Arsenal:
Somewhat modest, but highly effective

Next Firearm:
What I decide when I decide

Postby thekinetic » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:03:31

Only flag I'll burn! I'd rather see his face on toilet paper so I can wipe my arse with the cart king.
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
thekinetic
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Error 404 Guns Not Found

Postby OakRidgeStars » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:23:35

I remember that flag from a few years ago. It wasn't well received then either.

http://supportyourlocalgunfighter.com/2 ... ican-flag/

It's a shame that kids no longer learn the proper flag code in school. Or anywhere else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Flag_Code
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby thekinetic » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:22:46

My god it's just a piece of cloth, and it's contradictory to what it stands for to disallow any sort of disrespect or desecration of it.

It'd be like myself saying that anyone who bears my personal symbol without my explicit permission shall have it removed or be put to death. Doesn't mean though I won't be peeved about it.
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
thekinetic
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Error 404 Guns Not Found

Postby Mindflayer » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:31:23

I will need to find it, but there was a recent rally of the GOP where the stars are replaced with crosses. It cuts both ways.

Man, we need a third party in the USA....

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby TenchCoxe » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:25:09

Mindflayer wrote:Man, we need a third party in the USA....

There are lots of "third" parties in the USA. Problem is most people don't have the guts to vote with their heart and instead fear that they will "waste" their vote if they don't vote for the person they perceive most likely will win anyhow.

I've been registered Republican for years, but I've been toying with changing to the Libertarian Party. Ron Paul's not bad, but I like Gary Johnson even more. Of course, the fact that he's so reasonable scares the crap out of the far fringes, so he doesn't stand a chance. It seems to me that the fringes have come to dominate the center.The Dems and Repubs have to try so hard to convince their respective bases that they are dramatically different that they both go so far out to the edges. When in fact, they're pretty much just mirror image pieces of bread in the same sh*t sandwich.
"[The swords of the militia], and every terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American."

TenchCoxe
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Not as many as I would like.

Postby grumpyMSG » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:39:31

Mindflayer wrote:I will need to find it, but there was a recent rally of the GOP where the stars are replaced with crosses. It cuts both ways.

Man, we need a third party in the USA....

Sorry, I'm not saying it's not true, just haven't seen it. On the other hand, if it were out there I am sure that it would be all over the TV news. Maybe you are mistaken as to who was flying it.

As for the Obama toilet paper idea, if it was anything like his other programs it would cost 3 times as much and wouldn't get half the $hit off.

As for a local Democratic committee flying the flag I think it was a pretty stupid idea on their part. As for other folks flying it and doing what they may with it, I do believe that is exactly what the part of the first amendment is all about...
Of course it is in the last place you looked, you're not going to keep looking for something after you've found it.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
grumpyMSG
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Greg

My Arsenal:
Several Classics, ARs and a few Pistols

Next Firearm:
It'll ask to come home with me...

Postby SHMIV » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 01:31:43

This Obama flag... I shake my head and roll my eyes at it, but I do not find it upsetting. People have been reinterpreting the American flag almost since it's creation.

Maybe the Obama flag would look better if flown upside down, though....
"God Almighty created simplicity. Complexity, inspired by the Great Deceiver, tends to be the province of men. " S. H. M., IV

I'm an American-American

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby Kreutz » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:30:43

Struck me as creepy more than anything else.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby Radiac » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:58:59

Strikes me as being creepy too.

My first thought was "Wow. Now we have a banner with Obama's likeness on it. Just like dictatorial countries that have banners with the image of their ruler displayed everyhere."

Creepy indeed.
No Exceptions.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Radiac
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: AB

Postby ratherfish » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:15:03

What's really creepy is that liberals find it perfectly fine.

Kim Jong Obama?
:whistle:

MMM MMM MMMM

Barack Hussein Obama....

MMM MMM MMMMMMM....
There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Postby Reverenddel » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:28:34

My first thought? "So when did we become Cuba?"

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby OakRidgeStars » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:35:51

Reverenddel wrote:My first thought? "So when did we become Cuba?"

Four more years of Chairman Obama and we'll all wish we were in Cuba.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby polarisflyer » Sat, 17 Mar 2012 12:09:21

Being a conservative Democrat (and, no that is not an oxymoron) I take offense at ANY person(s) that use our nation's flag in such ways. I especially hold the company that agreed to market this, liable for mocking the American flag and what it stands for...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

polarisflyer
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby ratherfish » Sat, 17 Mar 2012 13:05:18

polarisflyer wrote:Being a conservative Democrat (and, no that is not an oxymoron) I take offense at ANY person(s) that use our nation's flag in such ways. I especially hold the company that agreed to market this, liable for mocking the American flag and what it stands for...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

There used to be a lot of conservative Democrats. Good right minded people with values and a love of the constitution. Too bad the party's been hi jacked by progressive liberals that now control it. I remember when you felt like BOTH parties had the best interest of our country in mind and they just differed in the methods.
There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to Politics (All other non-firearm related)