Northam Admits Latest Gun Grab Wouldn’t Prevent VA Beach

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Postby AlanM » Thu, 27 Jun 2019 08:09:18

Gun control proponents latch onto every mass shooting and use it to advance their anti-gun agenda. It doesn’t take long, either. We usually see them push gun control proposals on social media before the facts have even started coming in. They’ll tout “assault weapon” bans before we know what weapon was used, for example.

So it wasn’t surprising to see Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam jump all over the Virginia Beach shooting with such vehemence. It’s the way of his people, after all.

What is surprising is that he is willing to admit that none of the proposals being touted by him and others would have prevented the tragedy.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Re: Northam Admits Latest Gun Grab Wouldn’t Prevent VA Beach

Postby WRW » Thu, 27 Jun 2019 13:24:38

It is encouraging to see that it was students that forced the issue.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby wittmeba » Fri, 05 Jul 2019 13:57:23

This is the kind of statement that concerns me from Northam. He is playing word games. Any additional gun law restrictions is a violation of our 2nd amendment rights.

We lose too many Virginians each year to senseless gun violence, and it is time we take meaningful steps to protect the health and safety of our citizens,” said Governor Northam. “I look forward to opening a dialogue with the General Assembly on this legislative package of reasonable gun violence reforms, which appropriately balances Second Amendment Rights with public safety.

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/newsr ... 40-en.html
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby WRW » Fri, 05 Jul 2019 14:39:56

Not to sidetrack, but I heard the "suicide" connection as a means to demonize guns and justify seizing them. Ya know, if a person has a right to determine what they do with their own body, how can such intervention in a suicide be legal?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby domin8ss » Sat, 06 Jul 2019 17:55:55

Iirc, according to suicidology.org less than 50% of suicides utilize a firearm, but it's still the #1 source for successful suicides on the 1st attempt. I'd like to see other states do as Utah did, and provide free powerpoint presentations to discuss this issue, with resources available for those considering suicide. Utah's Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Identification provided that PowerPoint presentation to all of its Concealed Firearm Permit Instructors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

domin8ss
Sighting In
Sighting In

Return to General Discussion