NewsGuard addon Firefox -- if you are curious

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

NewsGuard addon Firefox -- if you are curious

Postby wittmeba » Fri, 01 Feb 2019 12:01:05

Out of curiosity I installed NewsGuard addon to Firefox.

After installation I expected an overlay to appear on the less-than-desireable-sites as viewed by NewsGuard but that was not the case. It placed a small icon on the toolbar at the far right of the browser.

It apparently automatically assesses the page and provides a report if the site has been submitted. Breitbart.com has been submitted, however, https://www.cnn.com has not << funny! (I did submit it).

The first screen while on the page displays a partial listing of the assessment.
https://i.imgur.com/pFJJE10.jpg

A complete listing/story is found by clicking See the Full Nutrition Label link in the dialog box.
https://i.imgur.com/188Ts3M.jpg
It is still a scary thought as to how close we came
to having Hillary Clinton as president of the USA.

A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.

Make America Great Again

M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Re: NewsGuard addon Firefox -- if you are curious

Postby AlanM » Fri, 01 Feb 2019 13:52:21

What it say about FoxNews?

NVM - I Googled NewsGuard FoxNews.
FoxNews is Green.
Of course, IMHO.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC is a 1911

Re: NewsGuard addon Firefox -- if you are curious

Postby wittmeba » Fri, 01 Feb 2019 14:23:21

As I am learning more they appear to assess each page, not the site. On the Full Nutrition Label link at the bottom of the page are all the pages they have evaluated.

Also the little Icon on the toolbar changes color when you visit different pages. Turns red on Breitbart.com with a ! in the box. Has a checkmark √ for CNN.com.

It is still a scary thought as to how close we came
to having Hillary Clinton as president of the USA.

A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.

Make America Great Again

M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Return to General Discussion