New Galco Holster for Me!

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

New Galco Holster for Me!

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 29 Jul 2017 17:56:06

Thought I would share a pretty nice find. I am always looking for good, inexpensive holsters. I have been having really good luck with Galco. I almost always CC, but with an outer waste band holster and run with my shirt untucked. My favorite and oldest OWB holster was my Galco Matrix, which is a Side Snap style. It worked great, but after 6 years of daily use, it finally broke. One of arms that the plastic side snaps mount to, snapped off.

This is what the old one looked like.

I went to go buy another one identical to it... but I found a new slide holster to try instead. Figured I would switch it up a bit. This is called a Tac Slide Belt Holster.

This holster is so comfortable, I forgot I was wearing my sidearm today. Only $45. Highly recommend you check this out if you are looking for a new, comfortable OWB holster.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Re: New Galco Holster for Me!

Postby Rualert » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 13:25:23

Marc, send that Galco back to them, after dropping them an email, and I bet tey fix it or replace it for free.

Casey

But I do like the new rig, looks comfy, I tend to carry IWB just because I'm short and thin.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Rualert
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Casey

Postby wittmeba » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 15:53:48

Looks really nice and compact. I think the belt slide models hug the body better for CC. I need one like that for my S&W M&P .40. I'm tired of the In-the-pants Kydex.
If all the laws worked, there would never be any crime.

I often take a very long windy road to my destination. When I arrive I often wonder how I missed the shortcut.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 21:42:27

Rualert wrote:Marc, send that Galco back to them, after dropping them an email, and I bet tey fix it or replace it for free.

Casey

But I do like the new rig, looks comfy, I tend to carry IWB just because I'm short and thin.

That's a great idea! I would love to have another Matrix. I'm going to drop them a line for sure.

wittmeba wrote:Looks really nice and compact. I think the belt slide models hug the body better for CC. I need one like that for my S&W M&P .40. I'm tired of the In-the-pants Kydex.

I agree... the slide holsters are awesome. If it wasn't for the occasional need to wear shirts tucked in, I would never use IWB holster. I really like them.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby miniwini » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:51:05

Awesome price m8, I just bought Glock 43 Holsters and mine has great grip. Very Secured!
Hanging on my belt on the side. But I don'0t know how should I carry my Holster in Car. Is there anyone who can tell me that? Please?!
Thanks!
Your old Guy :D :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun:

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
miniwini
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: John

My Arsenal:
Glock 43
S&W M&P 40
Beretta Cheetah 84/85

Next Firearm:
Glock

Postby MarcSpaz » Wed, 29 Nov 2017 00:15:04

You can store it in the glove box or center console and still be legal.

I usually leave my holster on my waist and just stow the pistol... makes it so the pistol is easy to get to, but I don't have to mess with putting the holster back on before I get out.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Return to General Discussion