Do I need a tin foil hat?

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: Do I need a tin foil hat?

Postby kelu » Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:35:23

Another drill, another mass murder...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/florida-s ... oter-drill

Do you think he knew about the drill? Or it was just another drill going live, as many before, and the guy is a patsy?
Is there a public list of the drills? I'm thinking to keep child at home during those.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Mindflayer » Sat, 24 Feb 2018 01:49:48

It's the NRA's fault that LEO ignored the signs, were grossly negligent, and chased politics in lieu of law enforcement. What gets me is that people are buying into this line.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby kelu » Tue, 27 Feb 2018 13:59:24

Crisis actors. We are in a war.
https://imgur.com/a/X4fUN
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Snakester » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 20:03:36

The more NEWS I watch.....The more I need a tin foil hat !

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Randy

My Arsenal:
I don't own any FireArms...Just here for "The Bonding"

Next Firearm:
No Plans to Purchase at this time!

Postby Reverenddel » Sun, 04 Mar 2018 15:20:18

What gets me? Anti-gunners thinking they're gonna win.

Nuh-uh... all they're gonna do is divide the nation more... And at some point, the "South" south is gonna say "Okay! We're out, We're done."

And The SECOND war between the states starts, and no one wants that to happen!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 04 Mar 2018 17:26:54

Sorry Rev... got to disagree. I think the Libs want it. I think that is the whole purpose... cause a new war so they can subdue the population with the military an install a permanent ruling class.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby kelu » Sun, 04 Mar 2018 17:53:10

Between states maybe, but mostly between rural and urban, left and right, whites and minorities. Total chaos.
I would really love the first one to fall to be the media people, who started all this poop.

Anyway, between a group that has more than 300 million guns and practice, more or less, and a group that haven't figured out which bathroom to use, I know what side to bet on.

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby kelu » Sun, 04 Mar 2018 18:19:55

Back to my story. The first real jolt indicating a serious problem with the plan came when television reporter Cathy Carlsen was killed in Norfolk, shot dead while covering the commissioning of the Harvey Milk, the Navy’s newest destroyer. That she was killed was bad enough. That it happened on a “secure” naval base—a federal installation—made it much worse. Her blood splattered across the Admirals’ white uniforms made quite a picture. The videos…

We were two women born in the same year, with similar academic backgrounds. We had known each other for decades, and her untimely death hit me hard. Cathy Carlsen had been a reliable voice on the progressive side of a supposedly impartial television news network. That a respected member of the media would be assassinated was big surprise, at least to me. Up to that point, only a few federal officials and high-ranking agents had been targeted.

Then a new photo was released on the internet. I had always thought the NSA could trace those things back to their origins, but apparently not. The photo was taken through the Norfolk sniper’s rifle scope just a few moments before the murder. It showed thin black crosshairs and other reference marks across Cathy’s smiling face. And it showed some text added just above her head:

If the media lies, the media dies.
You take a side, you’re along for the ride.
A traitor in front of a camera is still just a traitor.

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress. ... -the-coup/

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Viper21 » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 23:04:08

kelu wrote:Between states maybe, but mostly between rural and urban, left and right, whites and minorities. Total chaos.
I would really love the first one to fall to be the media people, who started all this poop.

Anyway, between a group that has more than 300 million guns and practice, more or less, and a group that haven't figured out which bathroom to use, I know what side to bet on.

Definitely some unique demographics in play. I live in a pretty rural area. While my county is much more red, than blue.... there's still plenty of blue. I personally know multiple people who vote Donkey, yet are pro-gun, & very anti-urban. The actual area I live in would ignore the political divides & unite in a rural vs urban battle without question in my opinion. We like to argue with each other, we like to talk smack about each other but, don't take kindly to Yankees, or Urbanites insulting, or attacking our peoples.....lol. I doubt my area is unique...... :whistle:

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Viper21
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Andy

Postby Swampman » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 11:16:07

@kelu - thanks for posting the link to that piece. I'll definitely read the other two mentioned at the end. Seems like a plausible scenario, one that I have wondered about - what happens when the left finally believes they can take this away from us?

@Viper21 - I wonder about the use of the word "Yankee." I could be considered a Yankee by the traditional southern definition of the word based on where I was raised - New Jersey. I had a relative on my mothers side who wore Union blue. That said, I don't consider myself a Yankee in that traditional meaning. I am an American and the oath I took upon enlisting is one that I will live by, and if necessary, die by.

The reason a scenario like the one in the article kelu posted would ever come to pass is because Americans, wherever they come from, don't pay attention. They don't pay attention to the fact that the political ruling class (Republican and Democrat) wants us divided. It serves their purpose to keep us divided. Division is the distraction that allows them to exert continual and increasing control over our lives. Does anyone ever think about the fact that Congress no longer writes laws? What they write are disjointed screeds that mean very little, until they fall into the hands of un-elected bureaucrats. The faceless mob in D.C. are free to create regulations having the force of law and we are, so far, powerless to stop them.

The character "Dennis" in the piece kelu posted was part of that faceless mob. The faceless mob accepts Congresses abdication of their constitutional responsibility all too willingly, and with great anticipation. Nearly all present-day politicians are, in my view, traitors and guilty of treason at worst. At the very least they have violated their oath of office.

The quicker the American population decides that division is the distraction, the better off we'll likely be. Don't think the political ruling class and the faceless mob won't recognize it either. It may also serve to help make the MSM a little less relevant in modern society.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Postby kelu » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 18:07:33

If Vietnamese peasants manage to get their country back, maybe there is some hope for us.

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Viper21 » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 18:46:33

Swampman wrote:@kelu - thanks for posting the link to that piece. I'll definitely read the other two mentioned at the end. Seems like a plausible scenario, one that I have wondered about - what happens when the left finally believes they can take this away from us?

@Viper21 - I wonder about the use of the word "Yankee." I could be considered a Yankee by the traditional southern definition of the word based on where I was raised - New Jersey. I had a relative on my mothers side who wore Union blue. That said, I don't consider myself a Yankee in that traditional meaning. I am an American and the oath I took upon enlisting is one that I will live by, and if necessary, die by.

Yo. It's a popular word for some. Certainly in my social cliques. However, like a lot of words, doesn't exactly carry the original intent of the word in most cases. Seems to have more political, or personality connotations than geographical. At least amongst the people I associate with. Many in my area consider Virginia residents in Northern Virginia as Yankees.

I believe the current interpretation I'm familiar with is more associated with Urbanites, & Progressives than anything else. The only time I see the word being used in its original meaning is when discussing ACW period topics, although even then, if the conversation shifts to monuments, or other related subjects the word Yankee is used frequently in discussing those who wish these items removed from the public.

It is also used pretty frequently when referring to those who move out here in the sticks from places like NYC, & then complain about the way things are, or act condescending towards locals.

fwiw, I have lots of ancestors who fought in the ACW. Most were Confederates but, I have several who wore Blue. Even have one case of one brother Blue, the other Grey. Interestingly enough, they were living together in 1860.

I hope I've explained the context of my use of the word anyways, & don't mean to offend. I took the same oath. As have all 3 of my sons. While, I am active in heritage preservation, & respect my ancestors, I'm also an American, & am definitely on the same side if it comes down to it.

Swampman wrote:The reason a scenario like the one in the article kelu posted would ever come to pass is because Americans, wherever they come from, don't pay attention. They don't pay attention to the fact that the political ruling class (Republican and Democrat) wants us divided. It serves their purpose to keep us divided. Division is the distraction that allows them to exert continual and increasing control over our lives. Does anyone ever think about the fact that Congress no longer writes laws? What they write are disjointed screeds that mean very little, until they fall into the hands of un-elected bureaucrats. The faceless mob in D.C. are free to create regulations having the force of law and we are, so far, powerless to stop them.

The character "Dennis" in the piece kelu posted was part of that faceless mob. The faceless mob accepts Congresses abdication of their constitutional responsibility all too willingly, and with great anticipation. Nearly all present-day politicians are, in my view, traitors and guilty of treason at worst. At the very least they have violated their oath of office.

The quicker the American population decides that division is the distraction, the better off we'll likely be. Don't think the political ruling class and the faceless mob won't recognize it either. It may also serve to help make the MSM a little less relevant in modern society.

Agreed. The average person is very uniformed. Those that spend a great deal of time being informed on the issues, & aware of their surroundings are most definitely in the minority.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Viper21
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Swampman » Wed, 07 Mar 2018 09:40:56

Viper21 wrote:I believe the current interpretation I'm familiar with is more associated with Urbanites, & Progressives than anything else. The only time I see the word being used in its original meaning is when discussing ACW period topics, although even then, if the conversation shifts to monuments, or other related subjects the word Yankee is used frequently in discussing those who wish these items removed from the public.

It is also used pretty frequently when referring to those who move out here in the sticks from places like NYC, & then complain about the way things are, or act condescending towards locals.

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't take it personally and it takes an awful lot to offend me.

I moved out here for the slower, friendlier pace of life. Didn't come from a city, but I have always lived in urban areas and never liked it. As I near retirement I am looking for even more rural areas. Highland and Bath Counties are appealing, as are most counties along the WV border. Far away from DC never seems to be far enough!
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Postby Reverenddel » Wed, 07 Mar 2018 14:14:44

It's not just the media. Yahoo will not let me "Like" opinions, or stories that go against their political grain.

I would love to know what d'bahg in Cuppertino signed off on that one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Viper21 » Fri, 09 Mar 2018 09:27:37

Swampman wrote:Thanks for the explanation. I didn't take it personally and it takes an awful lot to offend me.

I moved out here for the slower, friendlier pace of life. Didn't come from a city, but I have always lived in urban areas and never liked it. As I near retirement I am looking for even more rural areas. Highland and Bath Counties are appealing, as are most counties along the WV border. Far away from DC never seems to be far enough!

Couldn't agree more! I live very close to the Bath County, & frequently am in the county for work (yesterday in fact). I believe it is the only county in Virginia without a traffic light :) It also has one of the lowest taxes in the state, real estate & personal property. Not to mention just an awesome scenery. I have often said, the next move I make will be to the cemetery. Yet, if that were to ever change, it would most likely be to Bath County.

Viper21
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Previous

Return to General Discussion